This beauty smoothie recipe is packed full of greens and good stuff to help you keep your skin, hair and nails looking and feeling beautiful.
What you need is:
2 cups of cold, filtered water
2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 pear, cored, peeled and chopped up
1 banana, chopped up
1 apple, cored, peeled and chopped up
7 cups of spinach or kale, chopped up
6 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped up
1 ½ cups of chopped celery
How to make your beauty smoothie:
Add water, spinach and chopped lettuce to the blender. Mix until smooth on a low speed.
Add the celery, pear and apple one at a time, and gradually increase the speed.
Finally, add the banana and the lemon juice, and make sure it is completely smooth.
You can vary this recipe by using kale, chard, arugula, or spinach.
Kale helps to tone your body using amino acids, which are great for building protein which leads to healthy hair and nails.
Lemons are high in vitamin C, which not only helps with digestion but can help keep your skin blemish free.
Apples contain pectin, which helps to detox your system, which in turn leads to healthier, clearer skin.
We always look to Hollywood’s most glamorous for beauty inspiration, and recently one of the biggest skincare secret tips has been revealed.
This technique can help to create a brighter skin tone, prevent blemishes and give your skin that A-list glow.
So what is this big secret?
Maintaining healthy circulation and blood flow to in your skin and to your face. This method is said to be used by celebrities such as Lady Gaga, Sofía Vergara and Kim Kardashian.
Blood flow to your face can have more of an impact that you may realize. Blood flow and circulation can affect the way your skin ages, the way it looks and the way it feels. If the blood flow has slowed, then your skin is not getting enough oxygen or nutrients, which affects the cellular system. This can leave your skin looking grey or yellowish, or leave you with outbreaks of pimples.
By increasing the blood flow to your face, you can help to fix these problems, rather than just covering them up with makeup and concealers.
The best way to increase blood flow in your face is to start with a gentle exfoliator to get rid of any dead skin cells. Wash and dry your face, then start with your NOOME treatment. evoDerma’s NOOME uses non-invasive technology (NIST) to stimulate blood flow and collagen production. It also soothes facial strain to soften fine lines and wrinkles, and brightens your complexion for a healthy glow.
To start with your NOOME, follow the simple image diagrams below:
You can use NOOME for 5-10 minutes per session, up to 5 times a week. Afterwards apply moisturizer. You should notice a difference in your skin in a few weeks. NOOME can be used on the forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, nose, around the month, on your neck and your décolleté. NOOME also comes with two treatment cups, one firm and one soft for a personalized treatment. The soft cup is great at treating more sensitive areas.
It is one thing many of us wish we could do: turn back the hands of time. Whilst this is only a dream, we have some great tips for you to help you look 15 years younger!
A good place to start is with your diet. If you notice bags under your eyes, start adding more iron rich foods to your diet, such as dark chocolate and spinach. These can help to banish those bags and dark circles.
Another thing is to drink more water. If your body is dehydrated, it will show in your skin, looking dull and dry. If you’re not a fan of drinking lots of water, try out some of our fruity detox water recipes here. They taste great, and are a great way of getting your daily intake of water.
Moisturize! Following on from the advice above, it is important to keep your skin moisturized from the outside as well as from the inside. Dry skin can become damaged and start to crack, giving the appearance of wrinkles. Remember to moisturize at least twice day, and to choose a moisturizer with vitamin E and SPF.
Wear sunscreen. Sun damage will age your skin, so be sure to wear sunscreen or moisturizer with SPF every day, even on cloudy ones. And don’t forget your hands and décolleté!
Apply a primer. When it comes to makeup, always apply a primer. If you have fine lines and wrinkles, foundation or other types of makeup can settle into them making them look more prominent than they actually are. A primer will fill in any creases and make your makeup look a lot smoother and stay in place longer too.
Lift your brows. Fuller eyebrows can give your face an instant lift. To perk up your brows, choose a pencil the same shade as your hair color or use a brow powder, and lightly fill in any sparse areas. Be sure not to draw them on too thick, and not to exaggerate the arches too much: the more natural looking the better.
Lighten up your eye makeup. choosing a brown or even plum colored mascara or eyeliner can open up your eyes and make them look brighter. Black eye makeup can make your eyes look smaller, and can look too harsh if you do have some wrinkles.
Brighten your makeup. Choose a creamy luminizer or highlighter to brighten your whole face. Apply to the bridge of your nose and along the tops of your cheekbones for a fresh, dewy look.
Change up you hair color. As you get older, the darker your hair, the harsher it looks against your skin. So instead try a hair color two shades lighter than your natural color, or opt for warmer highlights in golden or honey tones. This will brighten up your skin and soften your face.
Try NOOME. evoDerma’s NOOME anti-aging motion device uses non-invasive technology (NIST) to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the face. It softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as giving you a massaging effect, which leaves your face and décolleté more relaxed.
Are you drinking enough water? You should be drinking around two litres per day, or eight glasses.
One way to make sure you get enough is to try a fruity detox water. Not only does the fruit added to it make it more tasty, the fruit can help to flush out nasty toxins in your body!
A basic recipe is to take a jug of cold, filtered water, add the fruits you want, then leave it to mix together in the fridge for 30 minutes! And voilà!
For inspiration, we have our favorite recipes here, but for loads more, check out #DetoxWater on Instagram.
- Mixed berry and mint:
- Take a handful of raspberries and a handful of blueberries, and two tablespoons of fresh mint leaves, and add to the water. If you want, you can add a squeeze of lime juice too.
- Strawberry and kiwi:
- This one is super refreshing. All you need is a handful of strawberries and two kiwis and add to your water.
- Mango and pineapple:
- If, like us, you can’t wait for summer, try out this exotic detox water to instantly transport you to warmer climes. Add one ripe chopped mango and half a chopped pineapple to your water.
- The traditional
- A classic detox water recipe, this one mixes half a lemon, a small lime, one small apple, two slices of grapefruit and half a small cucumber, all sliced and with the rind taken off, into the water. For extra flavor, you can squeeze the juice from the ends of the grapefruit, lemon and lime into your water.
Let us know in the comments which ones are your favorite, or if you have any great recipes of your own!
These days’ trendy makeup looks are more centered on the “all-natural” no-makeup makeup look. The no-makeup makeup look is a trend we’re sure we can all get behind and agree that natural beauty is great to emphasize.
Yet mastering this look is not as easy as it may sound. It takes a little more skill and know how to apply makeup in such a way that is meant to enhance your natural beauty and still look as though you have no makeup at all!
Try these simple tricks to not only rock a more natural look but also feel great about how you look – naturally!
Tip 1: Take care of your skin!
Feel like you have more face makeup then you know what to do with? Often we depend on these products to cover up skin imperfections without actually addressing what may be causing these problems in the first place. Instead of opting for that new extra-coverage foundation, reassess the health of your skin and incorporate an improved diet and skincare products into your daily beauty routine.
Tip 2: Use a color correcting primer or concealer before applying any makeup.
A color correcting primer or concealer can do wonders for correcting uneven and unwanted skin tones. A great explanation on how the makeup color wheel and how to use these colors to cover specific problem areas can be found on evoDerma’s blog here:
Tip 3: Skip the foundation!
Instead opt for something with a little bit more sheer coverage – AKA a tinted moisturizer or BB cream are great products for giving you the light coverage you may need yet will not come off as heavy looking as regular foundations. Don’t have the funds to invest in a new BB Cream or tinted moisturizer? Simply mix a little bit of your regular foundation with your favorite daily moisturizing skin cream. It will give your skin a more natural, dewy look and take down the pigment found in your foundation.
Tip 4: Stick to neutral colors for eyes.
Reserve the shimmer and colorful eye shadows for another time. The natural look is all about using warm shades of greys, whites and browns. Anything that is a few tones away from your natural eyelid color is a great option for a more natural look.
Tip 5: Matte blush!
A nice matte blush in a lighter shade of pink or peach works nice for this look. Never mind blushers that contain shimmer, as they are not helpful to pulling off a more natural look. Instead opt for a matte blush in lighter colors and apply lightly to the apples of your cheeks. Alternatively, grab either a tinted balm, lightly pigmented lipstick or stain and apply to cheeks for a healthy looking flush.
Tip 6: Line your waterlines
Although heavy eyeliner isn’t part of this look, eyeliner is still a great tool to help pull off this look. Simply take a brown or black eyeliner and lightly tight-line the upper eye’s waterline. Be sure to create a VERY thin line in the space between your water line and lashes. This may take some practice yet the outcome helps your lashes look more naturally fuller. Also, line your lower waterline with a skin-colored, white or light pink liner to make your eyes appear more awake and wider.
Tip 7: A little mascara goes a long way!
Use your favorite mascara sparingly to elongate and darken your lashes. Apply a maximum of two coats. Any more and they can start to look too overdone for this look.
Tip 8: Lip tints and not lip sticks!
The difference between lip tints and lip sticks lay in the amount of pigments. Lipsticks are great but do not help with the natural look. Instead, opt for a lightly tinted lip balm or stain that is within two or three shades of your natural lip color.
Turmeric has long been used as a spice in Asian foods and curries, but now it seems any skin care products are starting to list it amongst their ingredients. But why? Turmeric fights bacteria, is an anti-inflammatory, can be used as an exfoliant as well as reduces oil. For many centuries, turmeric has been used in the beauty preparations for some Indian brides, to make their skin brighter for their big day.
There are so many different face masks you can make with turmeric, for all different skin concerns, but here are our favourites!
*Be careful when making face masks with turmeric. Pure organic turmeric won’t stain your skin, but the artificial dyes you find in turmeric you buy in the grocery store can turn you yellow!*
Skin brightening mask:
Mix together two tablespoons of sandalwood powder, a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of lemon juice. Slowly add enough milk to form a paste. Apply to your face and neck and leave for 15 minutes. Then rinse off with warm water.
Anti-wrinkles and dark circles:
Add a pinch of turmeric to two tablespoons of buttermilk. Apply to you face and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
Mix together one egg white, two drops of olive oil, fresh lemon juice and rose water and a pinch of turmeric. This can be used anywhere you have dry skin such as your hands, elbows, knees, as well as your face.
We all know vitamin C is important for keeping you healthy and for boosting your immune system, but did you also know that it also has a lot of anti-aging benefits. You may have noticed that there are a lot of Vitamin C creams and serums out there at the moment, and it’s one of the hottest anti-aging ingredients, but what exactly are the benefits?
In any form, serum, cream, supplement, fruits etc., vitamin C is packed with anti-oxidants. In serums and creams it can also help protect from sun damage, pollution and oxygen: all elements that can damage your skin on a daily basis. When made part of your daily skincare routine, vitamin C based products can:
- help reduce the appearance of sun damage, such as brown spots
- help boost natural collagen production
- increase the effectiveness of your sunscreen and help to boost your skin’s own defence against UV exposure
- help to reduce inflammation and irritation
- help to reduce red marks left behind by pimples and breakouts
You can also make your own moisturizing orange face mask.
All you need is:
The juice from one whole orange.
½ cup of steal cut oatmeal
2 tablespoons yoghurt
3 tablespoons of honey
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or jar. Spread evenly over a washed, clean and dry face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water and pat your face dry. Follow up with moisturizer. If you have any left over, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week.
Whether you’re looking to cover under eye circles, imperfections, discoloration or even tattoos, there is no one solution-fits-all concealer that will resolve you of these problems when it comes to finding a concealer. Concealers come in a variety of colors that are not just based off of skin tones. If you want to make the most out of your concealer purchases and figure out how to cover up anything and everything, evoDerma’s got you covered.
PROBLEM: Rosacea, Acne and Scars
Counteract any sort of redness by opting for a green colored concealer. Green cover ups redness in the skin which will help visibly reduce problematic areas and promoting an even skin tone.
PROBLEM: Dark Circles and Veins
An orange or yellow concealer is your best bet if you are looking to cover dark bags and veins. The color orange and yellow is a great way to counteract the blue undertones often found in eye circles and veins.
PROBLEM: Yellow undertones due to illness / lack of sleep
Ever feel like your skin has a yellowish tint to it due to either being ill or lack of sleep? Look refreshed by applying a purple concealer before your makeup to conceal these undertones.
PROBLEM: Greyish or Dull undertones
If you feel like your skin is looking dull and or greyish, apply a pale pink concealer to help it look luminous and refreshed.
Using these helpful hints from the concealer color wheel will help neutralize any unwanted discoloration! Just be sure to start on a clean, moisturized and primed face before applying any concealer. Then, be sure to apply the corrective concealer only to the problematic areas you wish to correct (aka, not the whole face unless necessary) and be sure to follow up with your regular foundation on top of the concealer.
Bloggers love NOOME! Read The Budget Beauty Blog’s review of NOOME and check out the rest of her great blog!
You can buy your NOOME and find out more here: http://evoderma.com/noome-anti-aging-motion.html
If you think you’re doing everything you could be to keep yourself looking forever young then think again! Here are the most common anti-aging mistakes.
- Not wearing sunscreen – even in winter. We keep saying it, but UV protection is important no matter what time of year. Even when the sun isn’t shining, UV rays can still damage your skin. An easy way to make sure you always do is to choose a daily moisturizer with SPF protection.
- Neglecting your neck, chest and hands. Whenever we talk anti-aging, most of the time we concentrate on your face and eye area, but your hands, neck and chest are just as important. Wear gloves whenever it is even a bit cold out to protect your hands from winter winds, and apply hand cream regularly. For our total anti-aging guide for hands, click here! Remember to moisturizer and apply sunscreen to your neck and chest as well. Our NOOME anti-aging motion device can also be used on your neck and décolleté and uses NIST, non-invasive subdermal technology to stimulate natural collagen production, which leaves skin plumper and firmer.
- Not wearing sunglasses. Just as UV rays can burn your skin, they can also do damage to your eyes. Squinting too often can leave you with fine lines and crow’s feet, and the UV rays can damage the thin delicate skin on your eyelids.
- Over rubbing your eyes. We’ve all been there, you’re tired and you go to rub your eyes. But doing this too often can stretch out the delicate skin around your eyes, leaving it slack and saggy looking. So avoid touching your eyes throughout the day.
- Messing with your sleep cycle. Getting your beauty sleep is more than just a saying. Your body and skin does a lot of its healing in the deep REM stage of sleep. Disrupting this or not sticking to a regular sleeping pattern can release hormones causing an inflammatory effect on your body and skin, which can speed up the aging process.
Who says you need to spend lots of money on an expensive spa treatment?
We can give you all the steps you need to do it at home!
What you’ll need: nail varnish remover, cotton pads, tub, water, towel, nail clippers, nail file, pumice stone, this foot scrub, nail polish, moisturizer.
Step 1: Remove any nail varnish you have on your toes. If your toe nails are looking a bit yellow, you can place lemon slices on your nails and leave them for 10 minutes to help remove stains.
Step2: Fill a bowl with warm, but not hot, water and soak your feet for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Pat dry with a clean towel
Step 4: Trim and file your nails. Make sure you remove any dirt.
Step 5: Scrub you soles with a pumice stone. This will help remove any dead and flakey skin, especially on your heels.
Step 6: Follow our simple recipe for a moisturizing and flake removing foot scrub.
Step 7: Soak you feet again, removing all the foot scrub.
Step 8: Moisturize your feet.
Step 9: When dry, paint your toenails. Apply at least 2 coats of nail polish and leave to dry for 5 minutes. A perfect excuse to put your feet up and relax for five minutes!
There you have it, your own spa at home, and at a fraction of the cost!
One thing many of us want is faster growing, stronger and healthier hair.
We’ve put together a list of the best tips to make your hair stronger and healthier, and to enable it to grow faster.
- Avoid heat treatments. All that blow drying, straightening and curling is damaging your hair. Try not to style your hair with heat too often, and if you do, keep them on a low setting and use UV heat protection sprays or products.
- Boost your protein intake. Keratin is a protein, and is the main component in hair. So the best way to help you hair grow strong and healthy is to eat plenty of protein. The best options are lean proteins, such as turkey, chicken, fish, and nuts and legumes.
- Drink plenty of water. Well-hydrated hair is healthy hair. Keeping you your water intake will lead to fewer breakages and healthier and shiner hair.
- Don’t wash your hair too often. Washing your hair everyday with very hot water can dry out your locks. Instead of washing your hair everyday, wash it three times a week with cool water.
- Trim your hair regularly. Whilst this may seem counterintuitive to growing long hair, not cutting your hair regularly can lead to split ends. Split ends can travel up the length of the hair shaft, weakening and breaking the hair. Keeping your ends trimmed prevents breakage and helps you hair to grow longer and stronger.
- Don’t brush you hair when it is wet. Brushing wet hair stretches and breaks the fibre. Instead, condition your hair well after shampooing, then run your fingers through it, or a wide tooth comb, then leave it to dry naturally. Try and hold off styling until your hair is completely dry.
- Condition well. Sometimes conditioning after shampooing just isn’t enough. If your hair still feels dry, try a deep conditioning hair mask and leave in conditioner to leave your locks looking great and feeling healthy.
Follow these simple tricks, and you’ll have healthier and stronger hair in no time!
Taking care of your skin is important, no matter what age you are. Following on from our post about skincare in your 20s,
we have our top tips for those of you in your 30s!
- Drink more water! Drinking water is important for keeping your skin hydrated. Well hydrated skin has a fresh, radiant glow.
- Keep your skin well moisturized! Water alone is good, but when you get into your 30s you should really step it up with an intense moisturizer and even a hydrating serum. Hydrated and moisturized skin shows fewer signs of aging.
- Establish a skincare routine. Cleanse and exfoliate. Cleansing is one of the most important steps in any skincare routine as it removes the build up of grease and dirt. Exfoliating helps to brighten skin, as dull skin can make you look older than you actually are.
- Protect your skin! Hopefully you’re already wearing sunscreen everyday, and if not, start now! Even on cold, cloudy days. It is also a good time to bump it up a bit and reapply throughout the day. Not only will you keep your skin protected, but well moisturized.
- Look well rested, and if you can’t be, fake it! You may have a very hectic life, and this is just the time that you might start to notice dark circles developing. If you can’t get away with nine hours of sleep each night, invest in an eye cream to help cut down on puffiness and dark under eye circles.
- Try out antioxidants. Antioxidants can help to repair and prevent skin damage, as well as increase collagen production and help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Serums and creams with Vitamin C can also help protect skin against sun damage, cell damage and reduce discoloration.
Our NOOME anti-aging device makes the perfect compliment to any skincare routine. NOOME uses non-invasive sub-dermal technology (NIST) to actively stimulate skin cell renewal and collagen production.
Did you know that there are certain foods that you can eat to help build healthier skin? We have the list right here!
Water for hydration:
Eating lots of vegetables and fruit, as well as drinking lots of water throughout the day will help keep your skin hydrated.
Vitamin A to repair damaged skin:
Vitamin A can be found in fish liver oils, and beta-carotene in green and yellow fruits and vegetables, such as carrots and sweet potatoes.
Vitamin C to help allergic skin reactions:
Aside from oranges, apples, leafy greens, garlic and sweet peppers are rich in vitamin c.
Vitamin E to protect skin:
Vitamin E can be found in eggs and organ meats as well as leafy greens.
Zinc to help skin heal:
You can get zinc from pumpkin seeds, oysters, liver, egg, apricots, peaches and cocoa.
B complex vitamins to combat dryness:
Meats, fruit nuts, sunflower seeds, brewer’s yeast, eggs and leafy greens all contain B complex vitamins.
Quality fats to fight inflammation:
Pasture-raised meats and wild caught cold-water fish are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Other healthy fats can be found in avocados, nuts and seeds.
Different countries around the world have different beauty routines, some of which we’ve heard of, some of which we haven’t.
We’ve found of the best anti-aging tips from different countries you may not have tried or even heard of.
In France, grape seed extract supplements are often used. They can boost the levels of antioxidants in your blood, and can help protect the collagen and elastin in your skin.
A popular anti-oxidant and anti-aging facemask in China is to mix green tea powder with brewed white tea.
In Polynesia, people eat noni fruit and drink noni juice for its moisturizing and anti-aging properties, and many claim it is effective in softening fine lines and wrinkles.
A popular anti-aging hand scrub in Mexico is to mix together sugar and lemon. The sugar exfoliates dead skin whilst the lemon juice also helps peel away the layers of dead skin cells. When you exfoliate, the moisturizers you use penetrate the skin better.
Finally, in India a popular anti-aging remedy is a cup of warm ginger tea. To make this, mix together shredded ginger and honey in hot water. Honey has natural anti-bacterial properties, whilst ginger is a rich antioxidant.
Sometimes all your work and home life can get on top of you and you just need to catch your breath and take a minute to yourself to relax and de-stress.
Just follow our top anti-stress tips and you’re be feeling calmer in no time!
- Try to manage your time more effectively. If you’re trying to do too much at once you can feel overworked. Creating a schedule could help you manage your time better and give you a better idea of what you have to do.
- Accept the things you cannot change.
- Find the time to meet friends. Just having a coffee with friends can help you de-stress and it can help to share your problems.
- Avoid alcohol, nicotine and caffeine as coping mechanism. In the long run, these could create more problems than they solve. For example, caffeine is a stimulant and our body reacts to this with the stress response.
- Take some time for yourself. Taking a short break out from your busy and hectic schedule and just closing your eyes can help you reduce stress. Check out our beginners guide to meditation for more tips!
- Try PRONECK. PRONECK uses 6 computerized programs and 3 professional massage techniques: heat massage, vibration massage, and low frequency electrical impulse massage to bring you comfort and relaxation. PRONECK is lightweight so it doesn’t add any extra weight or discomfort to your neck or shoulders, and is wireless and travel friendly. PRONECK is the ultimate de-stress and relaxation tool as it eases tense muscles, can help improve sleep and stimulates the flow of blood and oxygen. To find out more about PRONECK, visit our website: http://evoderma.com/pro-neck-massager.html
We all know someone how, even after 8 hours of work, still looks amazing. How do they do it?
Well we have the secrets to looking great, even after 8 hours at the office!
Just choose one of the following schedules that corresponds to how much time you have.
Half an hour:
Two minutes: take off your foundation, without touching your eyeliner or eyelashes.
One minute: Without getting your eyes wet, splash cold water on to your face.
One minute: Gently pat your face dry, do not wipe : this will make it dry and red.
One minute: Apply a bit of fast absorbing moisturizer to your skin. One that does not absorb quickly will make your makeup and face shiny and mean you’ll have to powder often.
Two minutes: Run a sink full of cold water, and while vigorously brushing your hair, place your right foot in the water to freshen it up.
Two minutes: Swap feet and put your hair up into position while you soak your foot. (If this is a bit too acrobatic a move, fill a bowl with water and soak both feet whilst sitting down).
Five minutes: Get your clothes ready (here’s hoping you don’t have any stains on your dress or jacket!)
Fifteen minutes: Do your makeup. Use a hand mirror and have your makeup laid out in front of you in the order you’re going to apply it.
One minute: Give your hair one last brush.
One minute: Slip into your clothes.
And there you have it, you are ready in half an hour!
Two minutes: take off your foundation, without touching your eyeliner or eyelashes.
One minute: Without getting your eyes wet, splash cold water on to your face.
One minute: Gently pat your face dry, do not wipe : this will make it dry and red.
One minute: Apply a bit of fast absorbing moisturizer to your skin.
Ten minutes: Take a shower, start with hot water, then very hot, and finish by standing under cold water for forty seconds.
One minute: Dry yourself off.
Five minutes: Get your clothes ready.
Three minutes: Sit on the edge of your bed or chair, put your head between your knees. Take small handfuls of hair and twist and pull hard, counting to four each time. Repeat all over your head.
Two minutes: Sit back and brush your hair.
Fifteen minutes: Do your makeup. Use a hand mirror and have your makeup laid out in front of you in the order you’re going to apply it.
One minute: Bush and fix your hair.
Two minutes: Slip into your clothes.
One hour (lucky you!)
Two minutes: Take off all your makeup, including your eye makeup
One minute: Splash cold water on to your face.
One minute: Gently pat your face dry, do not wipe: this will make it dry and red.
One minute: Apply a bit of fast absorbing moisturizer to your skin.
Thirteen minutes: Take a shower, start with hot water, then very hot, and finish by standing under cold water for forty seconds.
Three minutes: Sit on the edge of your bed or chair, put your head between your knees. Take small handfuls of hair and twist and pull hard, counting to four each time. Repeat all over your head.
Two minutes: Apply a face mask to feel fresh and relaxed.
Ten minutes: Forget the world and pamper yourself. Lay down on a chaise longue, a bed or sofa. Forget the world. Breath softly.
Five minutes: Get your clothes ready.
One minute: Take off your face mask.
Two minutes: Sit back and brush your hair
Seventeen minutes: Do your makeup.
One minute: Brush and fix your hair.
And voilà, you’re ready and irresistible!
Article inspired by Rika Zaraï Ma médecine naturelle : Comment rester irrésistible après douze heures de travail, Carrere, 1985.
Nous connaissons tous quelqu’un qui, même après 8 heures de travail, reste irrésistible. Comment font-ils ?
Nous avons quelques secrets pour vous pour rester superbe même après avoir travaillé durante 8 heures !
Il suffit de suivre l’un des programmes suivants conçus selon le temps que vous pouvez y consacrer. Messieurs, hors les questions de maquillage, vous pouvez vous y mettre également !
Une demi-heure :
Deux minutes : enlevez le fond de teint de la journée, sans toucher à l’eyeliner ni aux cils faits.
Une minute : Sans mouiller vos yeux, passez de l’eau froide sur votre visage.
Une minute : Sans l’essuyer, tapotez doucement votre visage; ainsi sèchera-t-il et deviendra-t-il rose.
Une minute : Étalez un peu de crème hydrante que la peau absorbe rapidement. Songez qu’une crème non absorbée rendrait votre maquillage brillant, vous obligeant à vous repoudrer souvent.
Deux minutes : Faites couler l’eau froide dans le lavabo, et tout en vous brossant énergiquement les cheveux, disposez votre pied droit dans l’évier et remuez vos orteils dans l’eau froide afin qu’ils se rafraichissent.
Deux minutes : A votre pied gauche de prendre l’eau ; parallèlement, remettez vos cheveux en place avant d’utiliser un peu de laque éventuellement. Si cette position vous paraît acrobatique, remplissez une cuvette d’eau froide et, assise, les pieds dans l’eau, brossez vos cheveux.
Cinq minutes : Préparez vos vêtements pour la soirée (en espérant que votre robe favorite ou que votre smoking n’est pas taché !)
Quinze minutes : Maquillez-vous. Utilisez un miroir à main et disposez devant vous vos produits de maquillage selon un ordre pratique.
Une minute : donnez-vous un dernier coup de peigne
Une minute : Glissez-vous dans vos vêtements
Et voilà, en une demi-heure vous êtes prêt(e) !
Quarante-cinq minutes :
Deux minutes : enlevez le fond de teint de la journée, sans toucher à l’eyeliner ni aux cils faits.
Une minute : Sans mouiller vos yeux, passez de l’eau froide sur votre visage.
Une minute : Sans l’essuyer, tapotez doucement votre visage; ainsi sèchera-t-il et deviendra-t-il rose.
Une minute : Étalez une peu de crème hydrante, que la peau absorbe rapidement.
Dix minutes : Prenez une douche. Commencez avec de l’eau chaude, puis très chaude, et achevez en vous aspergeant d’eau froide pendant quarante secondes.
Une minute : Séchez-vous grâce à des tapotements énergétiques.
Cinq minutes : Préparez vos vêtements pour la soirée.
Trois minutes : Plantez-vous solidement, en appui sur vos jambes écartées. Penchez vous en avant, genoux tendus, tête pendante (le plus bas possible). Prenez vos cheveux par petites poignés avec vous mains et tirez très fort en comptant mentalement jusqu’à quatre à chaque fois. Au bout de trois minutes, vous devez avoir saisi tous vous cheveux sans en avoir oublié un seul.
Deux minutes : Asseyez-vous et brossez-vous les cheveux.
Quinze minutes : Maquillez-vous. Utilisez un miroir à main et disposez devant vous vos produits de maquillage selon un ordre pratique. N’oubliez pas de nettoyer les éventuelles coulées de rimmel avant de vous occuper du reste.
Une minute : brossez et mettez vos cheveux en forme
Deux minutes : Glissez-vous dans vos vêtements
Une heure (la chance !) :
Deux minutes : Démaquillez-vous complètement, yeux inclus
Une minute : Passez-vous de l’eau froide sur le visage
Une minute : Sans l’essuyer, tapotez doucement votre visage
Une minute : Étalez une peu de crème hydrante, que la peau absorbe rapidement.
Treize minutes : Prenez une douche. Commencez avec de l’eau chaude, puis très chaude, et achevez en vous aspergeant d’eau froide pendant quarante secondes.
Une minute : Séchez-vous
Trois minutes : Plantez-vous solidement, en appui sur vos jambes écartées. Penchez vous en avant, genoux tendus, tête pendante (le plus bas possible). Prenez dans vos mains vos cheveux par petites poignées et tirez très fort en comptant mentalement jusqu’à quatre à chaque fois. Au bout de trois minutes, vous devez avoir saisi tous vos cheveux sans en avoir oublié un seul.
Deux minutes : Étalez un masque sur votre visage, désormais frais et reposé.
Dix minutes : Oubliez le monde, dorlotez-vous. Sure une chaise longue, un lit ou un divan. Ignorez l’univers jusqu’à votre retour sur terre. Respirez doucement.
Cinq minutes : Préparez vos vêtements pour la soirée
Une minute : Ôtez le masque de votre visage
Deux minutes : Asseyez-vous et brossez-vous les cheveux
Dix-sept minutes : Maquillez-vous, totalement cette fois.
Une minute : Brossez et mettez vos cheveux en forme
Et voilà, vous êtes prêt(e) et irrésistible !
Article inspiré par Rika Zaraï Ma médecine naturelle. Chapitre: Comment rester irrésistible après douze heures de travail, Carrere, 1985.
Feet are often the last thing we think about when it comes to skincare
– however it’s important to show your feet a little love time to time. They are put through and ensure so much anyway. Especially with sandal weather coming up (at least we’re hoping for it soon) it’s better now or never to give your feet the love they need.
Here are your simple solutions for common foot woes that will have your feet looking (and feeling!) fabulous and fresh in no time.
Have dry, thick layers of dead skin on your feet?
Try a strong acid peel about once every month! It will help shed the layers of dead skin from your feet. Simply search for a “acid foot peel” online and you will find many products to help you out!
Every night before bed, cover your feet in a non-scented moisturizer or coconut oil and wear cotton socks on top. The socks will help lock in the moisture and leave you with soft feet by sunrise!
Uneven, flakey skin?
Here’s a great foot scrub recipe to help rid any flakiness (and it’s moisturizing!)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
Sore, uneven cuticles?
Moisturize them! Almond oil is a great way to moisturize your cuticles however if you can’t get almond oil, coconut oil would work just as great. Apply 2-3 times a week directly to cuticles.
It’s Workout Wednesday and this week we have a quick, energizing 6 minute morning exercise for you! It’s so quick you can do it before you even get in the shower. Just repeat it twice! Share with your workout buddies!
Whilst some of us can only dream of spring at the moment, it is still important to start planning for your skin for the change in season.
Swap your heavy foundation for a tint.
- Tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and CC creams will leave you with a light, dewy coverage, perfect for any spring look, as well as moisturizing your skin! Even better, choose one that has SPF for a three-in-one product.
Schedule and appointment with your dermatologist
- If you have skin issues such as acne or rosacea, you will find that they can flare up when the seasons and temperature changes. If you want more information about personalizing your skin care routine to suit the seasons, schedule an appointment with your dermatologist.
- Winter can leave you with a build up of dead skin. Whilst it is important to exfoliate to get rid of the dead skin, do not go over board! If you exfoliate and scrub your skin too much, you can cause irritation and leave your skin inflamed. Exfoliate just one to two times a week and avoid any scrubs with beads or harsh ingredients as these can tear your skin
Step up the SPF
- Using moisturizers and products with SPF should be something you already do everyday, no matter what the season. However, it becomes even more important as we head into the warmer months and start to spend more time outside. Make sure you choose a lip balm and a hand cream with SPF as we often forget about our lips and hands! Apply 15 minutes before going outside and reapply every two hours, or if you get wet.
Switch to a more lightweight moisturizer
- The spring air contains more moisture, which means your skin will contain more moisture. If you find yourself breaking out in spring and summer, this may be why. So now is the time to swap your heavy winter creams for a lighter moisturizer or serum that will allow your skin to breathe. Unsure of the difference between a cream and a serum? Check out our post explaining the difference here!
Show your hair some TLC
- Just like your skin, your hair and scalp can be left feeling dry and damaged by winter. Invest in a moisturizing conditioner, hair mask or oil to help bring life back to your locks.
Start planning for summer
- If you’re already thinking ahead to summer, why not start now with IPL hair removal? evoDerma’s advanced IPL hair removal device, ELITE, comes with up to 50,000 flashes per disposable cartridge, which is enough for between two and eight full body treatments! Find out more about if IPL and ELITE are right for you here and start preparing your body for summer!*
*ELITE cannot be used on certain skin and hair types, so please take our skin tone test before purchase. You should also avoid sun exposure for at least four weeks before every treatment with ELITE. Which is why now may be the best time to start!
Try out this anti-cellulite scrub for smoother skin.
Mix together 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of coffee grounds in a jar. Then scrub away in the shower!
For even smoother legs, try IPL hair removal. evoDerma‘s advanced IPL hair removal device, ELITE, comes up with to 50,000 flashes in each disposable lamp cartridge and five intensity levels. To find out more about IPL, ELITE and whether it is right for you, please visit our website: evoderma.com
Read all about it!
Each week we search the internet for the best beauty stories!
This week’s Hot Off The Press’s theme is New York Fashion Week.
- Follow the best beauty instagram feeds http://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Beauty-People-Follow-Instagram-33907073#photo-33907073;
- Find out what Vogue’s Spring/Summer hair and makeup trends are http://www.vogue.co.uk/beauty/2015/02/06/spring-summer-2015-beauty-uniform-trends-products;
- Read about how top models prep for fashion week http://www.elle.com/beauty/health-fitness/tips/a26663/how-a-model-preps-for-fashion-week/;
- And read the great story about Jamie Brewer, the first model with Downs Syndrome in #NYFW http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/02/12/jamie-brewer-model-down-syndrome-new-york-fashion-week/23286501/ #StayAmazing
Just like women, men need to take good care of their skin in order to keep their skin fighting fit against the visible signs of aging.
Which is why we’ve brought you our top anti-aging tips for men!
Moisturizing is key to keeping skin healthy! Moisturizing is important to do every day and night and should be done right after cleansing. There is a vast array of moisturizers out there however some are suited better for different skin types – check out our moisturizer article here to help guide you in finding the perfect one for you. Be sure to moisturize after shaving as the scrape of your razor can wear down the protective layer of your skin, which leaves your skin more vulnerable to the visible signs of aging.
Stay out of the sun:
Harmful UV rays can be damaging to your skin, even when the sun isn’t shining. Never assume that because it is cloudy your skin is safe from the sun. We recommend choosing a moisturizer with an SPF factor of at least 30, this way you will be moisturizing your skin and protecting it from sun damage at the same time.
Drink lots of water:
Good skin care often starts from within. If your body is dehydrated it will show on your face. Drinking at least 8 cups of water a day will leave your skin looking healthier and younger in no time!
Take care of your eyes:
Investing in a good eye cream or serum (to learn the difference, click here) is a good idea as fine lines, dark circles and wrinkles can all start to show around your eyes.
A facial massage is more than just a good way to relax. By massaging the facial muscles, you can stimulate natural collagen and elastin production, which leaves your skin smoother, softer and can help fight the signs of aging. For an even deeper treatment try evoDerma’s NOOME Anti-aging motion. NOOME works perfectly on men’s skin and comes with two treatment cups, one firm and one soft, which is great for treating more sensitive areas. NOOME uses non-invasive sub-dermal technology, which actively stimulates natural collagen and elastin production, without you needing to touch your face with your hands. Touching your face too often means transferring oils and dirt from your hands to your face. To find out more about NOOME, visit our website evoderma.com
For more men’s skin care tips, check out our male skin article!
As we said a few weeks ago, it is important to take good care of your hands and we often forget, especially during winter.
That’s why we have not one, but two great DIY hand scrub recipes, which will leave your hands feeling soft and moisturized in no time!
Banana sugar scrub
- 2 and ½ cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Overripe bananas
- Mash up the overripe bananas
- Mix together in a jar with the sugar and olive oil
- Store in the refrigerator and use within two days
Coffee and coconut oil scrub
- 1.4 cup of dried coffee grounds
- ½ cup of softened coconut oil
- Mix together in a jar
- Store in a cool place or refrigerate
For more great uses for coconut oil, check out our previous posts!
If you have found yourself battling acne either now or in the past, know that the root of this common skin problem could have an easier solution than you think.
Although many may not realize, it has been clinically proven in countless studies that stress can trigger acne breakouts. The cause lays in the hormones released during times of stress, which leads to an overproduction of sebum and consequentially acne problems.
The answer then is simple. Don’t. Stress.
Easier said than done though? Sometimes telling yourself to not stress out is stressful in itself and so it’s important to learn the tips that will help make you cope with the stress.
Here we have taken the time for you to learn the tips and tricks on how to distress!
1) To start, try checking out this wonderful TEDTalk (don’t worry, it’s short) that goes into the details on how to turn stress into something positive – and even healthy for us!
2) Don’t pick at your face! Many of us have the habit of touching our faces when we are stressed out. Although we don’t mean to do it, try to catch yourself when you’re stressed out. Touching your face and/or picking at existing acne only exacerbate the problem.
3) Incorporate yoga into your routine. Yoga is an exercise proven to de-stress and calm you down. Also, the endorphins released from exercising will provide you with a great feel-good boost that will make you feel significantly less stressed out. Even 10 minutes of yoga is enough to help with you losing s significant amount of the stress.
4) Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. We’re sure that this advice is heard over and over again but it’s a no brainer. If you notice yourself breaking out due to stress, you should consider establishing a healthy sleep routine before you invest in any acne-clearing products that won’t end up helping you at all.
5) Try PRONECK. Our one-of-a-kind neck massager is designed for helping with relieve stress. Coming with a large variety of customizable massage modes, the PRONECK will give you the spa treatment without the stress of getting there or paying for it. Try it out and see how it makes you feel! Find out more at our website here: http://evoderma.com/pro-neck-massager.html
No matter how much time you have each day, we have an anti-aging routine to suit you. Taking the time each day to follow our daily anti-aging will definitely pay off in the future!
Two-minute nightly routine:
Step one: start by washing your face with either:
- A mild face wash: If you have sensitive or very dry skin you should stick to a gentle cleanser. If you want, you can alternate this with a mild exfoliating every couple of days.
- An exfoliating cleanser: Using an exfoliating cleanser means you save time in having to do a scrub. Choose one with beads as this will gently remove dull, dead skin cells, and even better, it will help you anti-aging cream really penetrate your skin.
Step two: choose between
- A night cream with retinol: Retinol is great at slowing down your skin from producing less collagen and reducing spots caused by sun damage. Use it nightly or just two to three times a week if you have more sensitive skin.
- An all-purpose eye-cream: If you choose a cream that contains retinol, it will gently treat those fine lines around your eyes. Creams with firming ingredients will help stop puffiness, and ones with light-reflecting pigments will help with dark circles. Even better is to choose one with all three!
Five-minute nightly routine:
Step one: start with either your mild face wash or exfoliating cleanser from the ‘two minute nightly routine’.
Step two: depending on your concern, choose from:
- A spot-fading cream: A spot-fading cream that contains either kojic acid, licorice extract or vitamin C will help to fade discolored areas which are cause by aging and sun exposure
- A peptide serum: A serum goes one step deeper than a cream (to find out more about the difference between creams and serums check out this post [link]). A serum with peptides will help boost collagen production.
Step three: Let your cream or serum sink in, then follow with either a night cream or all-purpose eye-cream from the two-minute routine.
Ten-minute intensive twice-a-week routine:
Step one: start with either your mild face wash or exfoliating cleanser
Step two: do either a peel or an overnight mask once a week, on separate nights:
- A glycolic peel: this will dissolve dead surface skin, which will help with the appearance of dark spots and wrinkles.
- Fruit acid peel: this works in the same way but is a better option if you have sensitive skin.
An overnight mask:
- For wrinkles: Use a firming or anti-aging mask with peptides and moisturizers to help soften fine lines.
- For spots: a mask with vitamin C will help improve the appearance of sun spots and dark patches, as well as brighten your skin.
Step three: finish with an all-purpose eye-cream. Never use retinol cream if you have used a peel, as this could harm your skin.
For an even better, simpler anti-aging routine, use evoDerma’s NOOME Anti-Aging motion device.
In just five to ten minutes a day, five times a week, NOOME works to actively stimulate cell renewal and natural elastin and collagen production. With its two treatment cups, one soft and one firm, NOOME can be used all over your face, neck, décolleté and even lips. NOOME Anti-Aging motion is the perfect compliment to any anti-aging routine, and uses non-invasive sub-dermal technology that leaves the skin refreshed, rejuvenated and relaxed. To find out more about NOOME, visit our website.
We are now spending more time than ever on our smartphones and tablets.
The average smartphone user spends around two to four hours a day looking at their phones. A recent study found that all this looking down at our phones could be harming our posture and our necks.
More often than not we will find ourselves slouching to check our latest messages. The average human head weighs between 10 and 12 pounds, but when it is bent down, such as when looking at your phone, the strain put on your neck can actually feel like 60 pounds. Changing your posture and looking at your phone by holding your head downwards, it feels heavier. This makes your body do more work than it should, which increases the load on your neck and spine.
We have some top tips for you to help ease your neck pain if you feel like you spend too much time looking down at your phone:
- Instead of hunching over and looking down at your phone, bring it up to your face so it is at eye level – bring your phone to your eyes, not the other way round. This will reduce the strain on your neck.
- When possible, use more back and neck friendly ways of connecting to the internet, such as a desktop computer.
- When talking on the phone try and use headphones or a Bluetooth device.
- Stretch regularly to promote blood flow.
- Try PRONECK neck massager. PRONECK comes with 6 computerized programs and three professional massage techniques: heat massage, low frequency electric impulse massage, and vibration massage. The six programs allow you to personalize your treatment. With PRONECK you can choose between a light massage and a deep intense tissue rub, which work towards easing tense muscles, relieving stress, stimulating the flow of blood and oxygen, and improves sleep.
To find out more about PRONECK, visit our website evoderma.com
If you are unsure of how IPL works, what the results are like or the best way to go about your treatment, you’ve come to the right place! We will give you all the tips to leave you with silky smooth skin in no time.
- Before purchasing any type of IPL machine, always check that your skin type is compatible. You can do that here on our website, or here by taking the Fitzpatrick skin tone test. For the best results, we recommend avoiding sun exposure and properly protecting your skin from the sun for at least 4 weeks before and after any treatment.
- Before starting a treatment, be sure to completely shave the area you want to treat. Be sure to remove all makeup, creams, deodorants, perfumes or any other product from your skin before starting.
- You can use ELITE Advanced IPL to removal unwanted hair from your underarms and arms, bikini line, legs and feet, chest, and back and shoulders. You should not use ELITE anywhere on your head, face or above your neckline. Before starting a treatment, wipe clean the surface of the window on the machine.
How does IPL work?
Intense Pulse Light works with a bright flash of light that is attracted and absorbed by the natural dark pigment of hair, called melanin. The pigment absorbs the light pulses emitted by the hair removal device and turns that energy into heat. The melanin then acts as a conductor that directs the energy towards the root of the hair and prevents it from growing back. This process gradually disables the hair follicle leaving you with smoother skin over time.
Every hair goes through three distinct phases that are part of the hair growth cycle and which play a role in determining hair reduction. A full hair growth cycle can take 18-24 months and the length of the growth cycle depends on the location of the hair and varies with each individual.
Planning your treatments:
Multiple treatments will be required to ensure long-term hair reduction. The number of sessions required will differ from person to person and will depend on factors such as the thickness of your hair.
This is a plan that we recommend as it is one that has proven to provide the best results. Just be careful not to use ELITE on the same part of your body more often than is recommended. This will not get your faster or better results.
- For the first 1-2 months, plan a hair removal session every 2 weeks for the first 3-4 uses. After a short time of regular use, you will start to see noticeable results.
- For the next 3-6 months, you will only need to do one hair removal treatment every 4 weeks to improve the hair removal process.
- After 6 months, you should use ELITE as suited to your specific needs.
For even smoother legs, check out our DIY leg scrub!
If you have any questions about IPL, ELITE or any of our other products, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, by phone at +1-514-446-1515, or via our Facebook page and our customer support team will be more than happy to help you!
Most of the time when we think about anti-aging, we immediately think about our faces. What most of us neglect is our hands.
Your hands are exposed to so much: the sun, the elements and also household cleaning products. Sometimes your hands can age you more than your face due to the skin being thinner.So give your hands the TLC they deserve and protect them from:
Just as it is important to protect your face from sun damage, your hands need protection too. Whether it is sunny or cloudy, it is important to choose a hand cream, which has at least an SPF 30. This will help protect your hands against sun damage such as wrinkles, red spots, dark spots and uneven pigmentation, as well as keeping your hands properly moisturized.
Dish soaps can be extremely harsh on your hands as they strip away the natural moisturizers your skin produces. We recommend wearing a pair of thin cotton gloves underneath your rubber or latex gloves to really protect them from the chemicals in household cleaning products. This goes for all household chores, not just washing the dishes!
Wearing gloves during the cold winter months does more for your hands than you may realize. Cold air and strong winds can reduce the levels of natural moisture in your skin. To protect them, wear gloves or keep your hands covered whenever possible. Be careful though, warm, dry air from heaters can also dry out your hands. So always carry a hand moisturizer with you.
Washing your hands:
Many anti-bacterial liquid hand soaps contain irritants that can dry out and crack the skin on your hands, and can even make them inflamed. Look for hand soaps or washes with pH stabilizing/buffering agents, such as silicone and phosphoric acid. And always use a moisturizing cream after you wash!
Now you’ve started to take care of your hands, don’t let your facial anti-aging regime slip! evoDerma’s NOOME Anti-Aging device uses non-invasive sub-dermal therapy to actively stimulate cell renewal in your face and décolleté, and can be used for just 5 minutes a day, 5 times a week. For more information about NOOME, visit our website.
PRONECK has been featured in ELEVATE Magazine. You can find out more about ELEVATE here. To read the article, see below.
TIRED AND TIGHT NECK?
If you answered yes to the above, then you may want to give the evoDerma PRONECK Massager a try. With many of us having office jobs that leave us sitting uncomfortably at a desk for 8 to 10 hours a day, or managing a home being on your feet all day, our neck and shoulder muscles tighten up and become unbelievably painful at times. the evoDerma PRONECK Massager ($159, evoderma.com) is a compact device with a simple remote control that allows you to choose between six different types of neck massage, including vibration, heat and electrical impulse. Use the device feels like you are bringing the spa home with you! Just be sure not to overuse the device and find the right amount of massage intensity so you reap the most benefits.
You can read ELEVATE online with a free digital issue here!
And to find out more about PRONECK, visit our website evoderma.com
What you eat just before and after your workout can make such a difference to the results that you see, and feel. Which is why we’ve put together a list of the best before and after workout foods for you!
To make sure you have enough fuel to do your workout, your main focus beforehand should be energizing carbohydrates.
Before a workout eat one of the following:
- 1 bag of popcorn
- ½ cup of quinoa
- A skim latte
- Oatmeal with apricots
- 2 rice cakes with 1 tbsp. of almond butter, and 1 tsp. of honey
- Fruit smoothie made with fat-free Greek yoghurt and a mixture of berries
- ¼ cup of granola, low-fat vanilla yoghurt, 1 cup of berries
- 1 fruit flavoured, low-fat Greek yoghurt
- Hummus and pita chips
- 1 bag of apple chips
- Apple slices with Maple-cinnamon peanut butter dip: mix together 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup.
After your workout, it is important to recover, repair and refuel your muscles, so your main focus should be on healthy yet protein rich foods. Ones that also include carbohydrates are also great as they help to replenish your energy stores.
After a workout eat one of the following:
- 1 glass of low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 hard-boiled egg and a handful of mixed nuts
- 1 protein bar with 10 or more grams of protein
- 100 calories worth of pistachios (roughly 28 nuts) and a piece of fruit
- Chocolate protein pudding
- 2 rice cakes with ¼ cup of low-fat cottage cheese, tomato slices
- Protein smoothie: 1.5 cups of almond or soy milk, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 banana.
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese with 1 tsp. cinnamon and vanilla extract, 2 tbsps. Slivered almonds
- Supercharged smoothie: Brew 1 green tea bag in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, remove the tea bag and let the tea cool to room temperature. In a blender combine the cooled tea, ½ cup of fat-free vanilla Greek yoghurt, 1 cup of mango chunks, ½ teaspoon of ground ginger, and 3-5 ice cubes.
For more workout ideas check out our previous #WorkoutWednesday posts, or for some tasty and healthy detox water recipes, click here!
Picking make up colors that suit your skin tone can make such a difference to your appearance. We’ve created this guide to help you choose which colors suit you best and will help you to look and stay amazing!
Light skin tone:
If your hair and eyes are light, that means you have a light skin tone. You have the lightest coloring. If you have pale skin, but dark eyes you fall into a different category.
Deep skin tone:
If people notice your dark hair and dark eyes first, then you have a deep skin tone. Dark skin tones are flattered by bolder shades, so embrace your deep tones and choose striking colors.
Clear skin tone:
If you have bright and clear eyes, you fall into the clear skin tone group. Your coloring is most likely high in contrast and saturation. If you have dark hair and bright blue eyes, you fit into this category.
Soft and muted:
If your coloring is somewhat neutral, with a mix of warm and cool, you are a soft and muted tone. You are neither light nor dark. Warm, autumnal shades suit you better.
Warm skin tone:
If you have an all over glow, you are warm. You have warm and earthy undertones to your skin. Most redheads fall into this category. Neutral shades work best for you, as well as primary colors.
Cool skin tone:
What sets you apart from those with deeper tones is your greyish, softer undertones. If your hair is greying, you most likely fall into this category. Your skin has ashy, cool, or grey undertones. You may have had warmer coloring when you were younger. Shades of pink and purple will warm up your appearance.
There are three colors that will suit everyone no matter what your coloring or tone. These are purple, navy and teal.
To find out more about your skin tone, take the Fitzpatrick skin tone test!
Having scars is something we all go through – some people are proud of them and some are wishing they were never there in the first place.
If you find yourself in the latter category, know that you have the option to help visibly reduce the appearance of scars. There are many natural and inexpensive ingredients that have been proven to help with scarring.
Here’s a quick guide to natural remedies that can help you look as good as new:
Bee Propolis: Otherwise known as “bee glue” propolis is a great and natural product produced by bees that can help reduce the appearance of scars and even help prevent them! Put a light mixture of a little ethanol and bee propolis on any wound to prevent scarring.
Raw Honey: is know for it’s anti-viral properties and has demonstrated proven success with lightening the appearance of scars. Particularly in cases of scarring from acne, honey is a great mask to do 3 times a week for 20 minutes on the infected area.
Rosehip Oil: is great for lightening the appearance of scars. Simply apply a small amount once a day to lighten up dark scars.
Potato Slices: Raw potatoes are rich in minerals like Potassium, Sulphur and Phosphorous which are great for healing scars. Gently rub a potato slice against the scar to help with lessening its appearance.
Turmeric and Yogurt mask: Blend a cup of unsweetened natural yogurt and a tablespoon of turmeric for a healing mask. Tumeric has been well documented as a natural ingredient to help combat the appearance of scars. Take up the efficacy of its healing power with dash of yogurt, which is also known to help heal the skin.
Cocoa Butter: Proven to work best for stretch marks, cocoa butter is a gentle moisturizer that help get rid of your scars – it also smells great!
While a trip to a spa can be a great way to relax, it can also be very expensive.
Instead of spending lots of money on spa baths, follow one of these simple aromatherapy bath salt recipes to get a great spa bath treatment at home.
To start, you need a basic bath salt mix. Mix 1 cup of Epsom salts, 1 cup of kosher salt and ½ cup of baking soda in a jar. Add 20 drops of essential oils. Use around ¼ to ½ a cup per bath.
Now for the essential oils. Depending of what kind of result you are looking for, you can pick from the following:
- 10 drops of lavender + 10 drops of bergamot for total relaxation
- 10 drops of lemon + 10 drops of rosemary to clear you mind
- 10 drops of eucalyptus + 10 drops of peppermint to clear your sinuses
- 5 drops of geranium + 5 drops of rose + 10 drops of lavender for a calming experience
The salts used in these mixes contain minerals that the skin absorbs and can help ease muscle soreness and relieve tension.
So lay back and relax.
And for the perfect feel good moment, try PRONECK Massager. PRONECK uses techniques used in professional spas to ease muscle tension, boost blood circulation in the neck and aid sleep. The 6 computerized programs and 3 massage techniques (heat, low frequency electric impulse and vibration) allow for a personalized treatment every time.
(Do not use PRONECK in or near water)
With the Academy Award nominations recently announced, we thought it would be great to look back over the history of what the winners of the Best Actress award have worn to the ceremony. Which one is your favourite style? And what are your predictions for this year?
Le journal l’Express a dit récemment que l’épilation à la lumière pulsée (ou IPL) est la meilleure méthode pour les hommes en particulier.
Il existe de nombreuses autres façons de s’épiler, telles que la cire, les crèmes et redisons-le l’IPL. Pourquoi donc est-ce l’IPL la meilleure?
Le rasoir : c’est la solution la plus simple si vous êtes pressé(e)s, mais le résultat est toujours à recommencer. En plus il y a des risques de coupures.
Les crèmes dépilatoires : comme avec le rasoir, les crèmes dépilatoires peuvent convenir si on a peu de temps devant soi, mais elles n’offrent pas de résultats à long terme.
La cire : si vous choisissez la cire chaude ou froide, cela demande un peu de courage. Faites attention car qu’il y a un risque de vous brûler. Nous vous recommandons de passer par un institut professionnel si vous n’êtes pas sûr(e)s de votre technique. Les résultats durent un peu plus longtemps qu’avec un rasoir, mais ce n’est pas une méthode longue durée pour se débarrasser des poils indésirables.
French newspaper L’Express has said that IPL is the best method of hair removal for men. There are so many different methods of hair removal, such as wax, creams, shaving and IPL. So what makes IPL the best?
Shaving: shaving is a good option if you’re in a hurry, but it does not bring long-term results. There is also the risk that you could cut yourself.
Hair removal creams: Again, great if you’re in a hurry but they still don’t offer long-term results.
Wax: Whether you go for hot or cold, waxing isn’t for the faint hearted. If it is your first time using hot wax, be aware of burns. We recommend going to a salon if you’re a bit unsure. Waxing does offer slightly longer lasting results than shaving or cream, but it does not permanently reduce the amount of unwanted body hair you have.
IPL: According to L’Express, iintense pulsed light (IPL) is the easiest method for getting rid of unwanted body hair. Sessions at a professional salon can be expensive, but with ELITE by evoDerma there is the option to do it at home yourself. The technique used by ELITE is completely painless to get provessively permanent hair reduction. However, IPL is not for everyone so you must consult our skin type chart before buying ELITE.
To read the original article in French, click here: http://www.lexpress.fr/tendances/soin-homme/epilation-du-maillot-pour-hommes-quelles-solutions_1631680.html#iJf9LEmkwsYCWBMi.99
Want to keep your skin glowing and radiant for years to come? Consider this list as all the essentials in creating your own fountain of youth.
- NOOME Anti-Aging motion device. NOOME use non-invasive sub-dermal technology to actively stimulate skin cell renewal to smooth and soften fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sunscreen SPF 30 for the face and body EVERYDAY, rain or shine. Even when the sun isn’t obviously shining, UV rays can still damage your skin. Choose either a sunscreen, or look for moisturizers or foundations with SPF in already.
- Vitamin C serum. Vitamin C is a powerful anti-oxidant and can help slow the aging process down.
- Olive Oil (1 tbsp per day). Olive oil doesn’t just do good for your outsides, but your insides too!
- Antioxidants – try drinking a cup of green tea every morning!
- Alpha Hydroxyl Acids – Look for an AHA exfoliant!
Sometimes it is just the most basic ingrediants, and tools, that you need to make your skin brilliant!
For more information about NOOME, visit our website: evoDerma.
There are so many benefits to meditation, such as feeling more relaxed and less stressed.
If you are a complete beginner, try following these simple steps to get you on your way to total relaxation.
- Choose a peaceful and quiet place. If the weather is nice enough, maybe a park or garden. Or just anywhere where you can avoid external distractions.
- Wear comfortable clothes and make sure you are not too hot or too cold. If you are, this will be all you’ll be able to think about
- Turn off all gadgets such as TVs and cell phones to further avoid distraction
- Stretch out your muscles. No matter how long you decide to mediate for, you will be sitting in the same position for an extended period of time. Make sure you pick a comfortable sitting position. Whether on a chair, the floor or a cushion, pick whichever feels most comfortable for you.
- Close your eyes. This also helps to block out any external visual stimulation, which can be distracting.
- Follow your breathing. Try and focus on just tour breathing. If your mind starts to wander, which it most probably will, just start back buy focusing on your breathing again.
- If you find it hard to focus solely on your breathing, try repeating a mantra to yourself over and over again. The most traditional mantra is “Om” but you can choose anything you want as long as it is easy to remember.
For another great way to relieve stress and to relax is with our PRONECK neck massager. PRONECK comes with six computerized programs and uses three professional techniques (heat massage, low electric impulse massage and vibration massage), which allows you control over your treatment. You can find more information about PRONECK here on our website.
NOOME has been featured in Elevate magazine! Get your copy now to read all about NOOME, and try it for yourself here: http://evoderma.com/noome-anti-aging-motion.html
Read the full post below:
This handheld anti-aging device uses non-invasive sub-dermal therapy to mechanically stimulate the skin and promote blood circulation in order to boost collagen and elastin production while also smoothing out wrinkles and lines. Each “treatment” course takes only between five to ten minutes and you can doi it while you are watching TV or simply relaxing at home. With both a hard and soft treatment cup you can adjust it to your personal preference, but either way the NOOME is very comfortable when applied to face. Plus since it works with only two AA batteries and can accompany your already established personal skin care regimen, it’s simple to use.”
– ELEVATE magazine January/February 2015 ELEVATE
According to a recent survey of 2000 women in the UK, Audrey Hepburn has fought off stiff competition from modern day beauties to be voted the Biggest Beauty Icon of All Time. The star is best known for her role in the 1961 film Breakfast At Tiffany’s
The vintage beauties Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly and Sophia Loren, also filled the second, third and fourth spots respectively.
Beyoncé came in fifth; with fellow modern belles Kate Moss and Scarlet Johansson take the eight and tenth spot.
The full list is:
- Audrey Hepburn.
- Marilyn Monroe
- Grace Kelly
- Sophia Loren
- Brigitte Bardot
- Jean Simmons
- Kate Moss
- Ava Gardner
- Scarlett Johansson
It is great to see that seven out of ten of the Biggest Beauty Icons of All Time predate modern technology such as Photoshop. A real triumph for natural beauty and, even after many years, classic beauties still stay amazing.
Do you agree with this list? Is there anyone you think is missing?
Facial yoga is a great way to help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Another great way is to make NOOME part of your daily skincare routine.
NOOME uses non-invasive sub-dermal technology to actively stimulate collagen production and skin cell renewal. What’s even better is that NOOME can be used by both men and women of any age as it also works preventatively!
Find out more about NOOME on our website: www.evoderma.com
Maybe you’ve over done it a bit this holiday season, or you’ve made a new year’s resolution to be a bit more healthy. Either way, we have four healthy and tasty detox water recipes to get your new year off to a good, healthy start!
Cucumber and lemon:
Exactly as the name suggests, add a sliced medium cucumber and a sliced lemon to eight cups of water. Mix in a pitcher and leave in the fridge overnight to sit.
Ginger and lemon:
Ginger is great for helping boost the immune system, which is great if you’re feeling a bit run down too! Add the juice of ½ a lemon to 12 ounces of water, and then grate in ½ inch of root ginger.
Blueberry and orange:
Blueberries are jam packed with anti-oxidants! Mix 6 cups of water in a pitcher with ice cubes, a handful of fresh blueberries and 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and cut into slices.
New Year Detox:
This one is great for making a healthy start to the New Year! Add a handful of raspberries, a sliced grapefruit, half a cucumber, sliced, 2 peeled and cubed pears, and a sprig of fresh mint leaves to 8 cups of water.
It’s that time of year again where there’s a chill in the air, you have to go back to work and you’re not feeling 100%. Sometimes the best cold remedies are natural ones, so try these out and hopefully you’ll be fighting fit in no time.
Garlic: The oils in garlic which make it smell are great decongestants.
Honey: Honey can help ease sore throats, as well as boost immune systems.
Lemon: Lemon juice can help reduce mucus, which will make you feel less bunged up and stuffy.
Echinacea: A study by the University of Connecticut in 2007 found that taking Echinacea supplements can boost your immune system and reduces the chance of you developing a cold. (natsci.edgewood.eu
Ginger: Ginger has many anti-inflammatory properties and helps to warm the body.
Oranges: Oranges, and also carrots, are packed with vitamin c and anti-oxidants which are great for boosting your immune system.
Licorice: Glycyrhizic acid, an ingredient found in licorice root has been shown in some studies to have great anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
Cayenne Pepper: Due its spicy properties, cayenne pepper can help to stimulate sweat glands which can relieve fevers and lower body temperatures.
For a great natural cold remedy, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, a teaspoon of honey, half an inch of grated root ginger and two slices of lemon to a mug and pour boiling water over. It is important to drink plenty of fluids and hot drinks can help to make you feel better.
If you are still in need of a pick me up and want something to make you feel better, try evoDerma’s PRONECK neck massager. The six computerized programs can help you to relax and can aid with sleep. PRONECK will give you the ultimate feel good moment! Try PRONECK for yourself http://evoderma.com/pro-neck-massager.html
Dealing with insufferable razor burn when you shave your body?
Here is a complete set of trips and precautions you need to consider before and after taking a razor to your skin.
Follow these and you’ll get the smooth results you want!
- Make sure the razor is fresh and sharp.
- Take a steamy shower before shaving; it will soften the hair.
- Soak your razor in baby oil for a few minutes before shaving.
- Shave with Olive Oil.
- Make sure you are shaving with any form of lubricant, be it shaving cream, olive oil or conditioner.
- Shave WITH the grain – We know some people crave that close shave feeling you get when shaving against the grain, but if you seriously want to avoid razor burn consider shaving with the grain.
- Exfoliate area with a pumice stone or loofah after shaving, this will ensure you are not irritated by ingrown hairs.
- Wash the area after shaving with cold water, this will close up your pores and stop bacteria from seeping in.
- Apply non-scented to deodorant to shaved areas
- Moisturize with coconut oil (link to article)
Or – looking to avoid the trouble of razor burn all together? Then try out ELITE, our at-home IPL device designed to permanently remove hair gently and effectively without the bumps or burns! Find out more here: http://evoderma.com/elite.html
Facial exercises can do wonders for you in the fight against the aging process. For an even better treatment, try NOOME, our anti-aging motion device. NOOME uses non-invasive subdermal technology (NIST) to actively stimulate skin cell renewal and collagen production.
Ever been curious to make your own tinted lip balm?
Thanks to the popularity of DIY websites, pinterest and social media; the Internet has been plagued with not only the miraculous magical properties of coconut oil, but countless recipes for DIY cosmetics.
Well, here at evoDerma we’re going to do the same thing but a little bit different. After becoming interested in making our own tinted lip balms, we quickly became frustrated with how there are an overwhelming amount of recipes out there yet they all vary.
So, after a few trial tests we have finally boiled it down to what may be the first tried and true DIY lip balm recipe that we can guarantee will give you the results you want: consistency, pigment, ease and moisturizing.
Try it out!
- 1 tsp Cocoa Butter
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1/3 tsp beeswax (seriously, a little amount – too much makes the balm hard to use meanwhile a little goes a long way in keeping your balm together)
- Old Eye shadow of your choice – Add an old blush or eye shadow to the mix for a pigmented balm. Keep adding pigment until you get the intensity you want. You may have to use a lot to get a little bit of colour.
- Have an old lipstick you don’t use anymore? Repurpose into a tinted balm / cheek tint by combining it with the above ingredients.
OPTIONAL: Add 2 – 3 drops of an essential oil of your choice to add a little scent to your balm. Our favourite is peppermint!
PRO TIP: Add in some jalapeño seeds into the mix and let heat up with the mixture for about 5 minutes then strain to give your balm a plumping effect.
We found the most effective way to make this balm is by using a double boiler method:
- Fill a pot with about 1/3 water and bring to quick boil
- Cover top of pot with tin foil, creating a “bowl” over the water.
- Mix in all ingredients in the tin foil meanwhile the steam from the boiling water heats up your ingredients.
CAREFUL! Watch out for steam that escapes out the sides of the tinfoil from underneath. The steam can get very hot and easily burn you, so please be cautious!
We’ve all been there, in need of a quick beauty fix and don’t quite have all the products to hand. So we’ll improvise. What’s the worst that can happen? Well stop right there!
Here are some of the worst skincare tricks we’ve heard of, and why they are so bad for you!
- Deodorant: Deodorant is designed for underarms, not your face. The skin on your face needs to breathe and deodorant can stop this. Also, it won’t help your makeup stay in place despite claims made elsewhere on
- Hair colour: You’ve just dyed your hair and you realize that your eyebrows are now completely the wrong shade. You’ve still got some dye left in the bottom of the bottle. Don’t even thing about it! The chemicals in hair dyes can be too irritating for skin around your eyes, and can even burn you. If you want to change your eyebrow color, head to your nearest salon for a tint, or try tinted brow mascara.
- Hairspray: The alcohol in hairspray can seriously dry out your skin. Some may say it will help keep your makeup in place, but drying out your skin will make you look older and can leave your skin red and bumpy, which is a much worse look than smudged mascara.
- Foot cream: Foot creams are formulated to help remove calluses on your feet and often contain chemical exfoliates, which can be really harsh to the skin on your face.
- Body lotion: It can be tempting to use body lotions on your face, but they can do more harm than good. They usually contain fragrances, which can irritate your skin. Instead opt for creams specially designed for your face as these are much more gentle.
There are some things that should never go on your face, no matter what.
The days approaching the New Year have always been a time of reflection – thinking of the past and how we have gotten to where we are today.
This sentiment is very relevant even in the world of skincare and beauty considering the pace at which new and innovative products make their ways into our daily routines. With these constant new advancements, it’s important to take a second and establish just how far we’ve come.
This Skincare Saturday, we will be looking at four of the biggest skincare innovations of 2014 – meanwhile here at evoDerma, we look forward to what we will innovate and bring to you in 2015.
NOOME Anti-Aging device by evoDerma
The product: NOOME is a non-invasive anti-aging device that fights even the earliest signs of anti-aging by using gentle technique to stimulate collagen production in the deepest layers of skin.
Why it’s innovative: NOOME is a one-of-a-kind device that fights off signs of aging with an innovative massaging technique with two treatment cups that trumps plastic surgery, anti-aging creams and lasers.
MIA 3 by CLARISONIC
The Product: a professional quality skincare brush with carrying speeds.
Why it’s innovative: Beyond being a travel friendly option for skincare on the go, the Clarisonic Mia 2 offers three speeds in which users can obtain clean skin with this innovative exfoliating tool.
LUNA by FOREO
The Product: A facial brush made of silicone that uses specific pulsations for a deep cleansing.
Why it’s innovative: The LUNA brush can enhance the absorption of your skincare products due to it’s ability to unclog pores, remove dead skin cells and makeup residue using a specific T-Sonic pulsation technology.
ELITE IPL Hair Removal by evoDerma
The Product: ELITE removes unwanted hair permanently and painlessly with a simple point & shoot.
Why it’s innovative: Although IPL (intense pulsed light) technology is nothing new, ELITE utilizes a perfect combination of IPL and our own AMP technologies so as to deliver high performance results from home.
Essential oils can be great at helping to fight the aging process. Just be careful in how often you use them, and be sure to dilute them in a carrier oil (such as olive oil, sweet almond oil or castor oil) before using!
- Sandalwood Oil: Sandalwood oil softens dry skin and can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It makes a great moisturizer, and can also help with the creation of new skin cells.
- Clary Sage Oil: This one is best for smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, and works great as part of a skincare routine using skin moisturizers. It can also help tighten pores.
- Grape Seed Oil: Grape seed oil has antioxidant properties, which can help restore damaged skin. It is also rich in vitamin E, which can help slow the aging process.
- Geranium Oil: This is great for almost everyone, no matter what your skin type: dry, oily or sensitive. It helps increase blood circulation and keeps moisture in the skin. It works great when added to skin moisturizers and toners.
- Myrrah Oil: Myrrah has a high antioxidant level, which can help repair and prevent skin damage. It can also be used as a massage oil to smooth out wrinkles.
These oils a great for a preventative anti-aging skin care routine, as well as in helping restore your youthful appearance. For a great complement to using anti-aging products and oils, try NOOME Anti-Aging Motion! NOOME uses non-invasive subdermal technology (NIST) to actively stimulate skin cell renewal and restores skin resiliency and natural firmness. You can buy NOOME here: http://evoderma.com/noome-anti-aging-motion.html
Try out a natural remedy to make dry, cracked and brittle nails a thing of the past!
- Grape seed oil: rub grape seed oil onto dry and cracked nails to help restore their strength and appearance.
- Castor oil: Soak your fingers in castor oil for about 10 minutes to combat brittle nails.
- Shea butter: rubbing shea butter all over your cuticles and nail beds for about 20 minutes will help keep them strong.
- Aloe vera and lemon juice: this mixture is great for getting rid of stains on the nails themselves. Just apply directly to the nails.
- Coconut oil: one of our favorite natural beauty products at the moment, coconut oil is great for moisturizing not just dry nails, but dry hands, arms, legs, you name it! For more of our top uses of coconut oil, check out our previous posts! http://blog.evoderma.com/?s=coconut+oil
Did you know that stress can negatively effect the appearance of your skin? Our mental health is just as important to take care of as it may negatively impact our general health and appearance.
Feeling stressed? Here are common symptoms from you skin telling you you’re stressed out:
3. Acne / Oil production
4. Tired Eyes
5. Fine Lines
Now, how do you fix that?
Telling someone to stop being stressed out is the opposite of helpful and can actually have the opposite effect.
1. Watch a light-hearted movie:
2. Play a game: http://www.addictinggames.com/sports-games/miniputt.jsp
3. Surround yourself with people that make you happy
4. Try to maintain a regular sleep / eating pattern
5. Just say “no” when feeling overwhelmed with tasks
7. Treat yourself! We of course recommend our PRONECK massager that is specifically designed to relieve stress and muscle tension.
Nothing is worse than having freshly shaved, waxed or IPL treated legs and not adequately moisturizing them to get rid of leftover dry skin cells. However, we tend to find that many store bought moisturizers only temporarily restore the skin’s moisture and can end up leaving them dryer than when they first started. So, we’ve perfected a DIY after-shave moisturizer that will help ease and relieve your dry skin in the coming winter months! Try them out and let us know what you think!
Rosemary Mint Moisturizer
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup aloe vera gel
- 3 drops vitamin E
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil (or to your desire)
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil (or to your desire)
Mix it all up in a bowl and then put it into a sealable container! And Voila, a home made moisturizer!
If you want to know more about IPL hair removal, see our previous post here.
When it comes to beauty remedies, sometimes some of the best ingredients can be found not only in the bathroom, but also in your food pantry!
1. To help sooth and moisturize dry skin this winter, mix together ½ of an avocado and ¼ cup of honey. Apply this mask to your face, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then gently rinse off.
2. For shinier, healthier looking hair, first use your regular shampoo, then use 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar. Let this sit on your hair for five minutes. Just be sure to wash it all out afterwards!
3. Finally, soak 5 raw almonds in a cup of milk overnight, and then grind them into a paste. Mix together the milk and 2 tbsp. of honey and use this as a facemask to combat wrinkles.
For another natural way to fight the signs of aging, try NOOME Anti-Aging device. NOOME uses a mechanical approach to actively stimulate collagen production and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. While you may not be able to find the NOOME in your pantry, you can find it at www.evoderma.com. Besure to purchase it while it is still on holiday promotion!
The dawn of at-home IPL hair removal devices has revolutionized the ways in which we can get rid of unnecessary hair from the comforts of our own home. Famously aimed at women, the hair removal market has inadvertently excluded men from using methods such as IPL due to reasons of either men feeling too embarrassed about asking, lack of male-specific information on hair removal and a gendered approach to hair removal.
Yet what we may not realize is that many men turn to hair removal for a diversity of reasons: be it aesthetics, preference or even sport! The simple answer for many is to use more traditional methods such as shaving or waxing – but it is only because most do not realize that IPL hair removal IS an option for them and a suitable long-term solution for men whether they want permanent hair removal or to thin out the appearance of hair.
Therefore, this Skincare Saturday we want to take the opportunity to ask: why men may use IPL hair removal?
Because they can! Although there are a few obvious reasons why men may seek out hair removal, it is important to first emphasize that men do not need an excuse to get rid of unwanted body hair. Many sportsmen get rid of their unwanted body hair to improve their performance, to make treating injury easier and to facilitate sports massage.
Therefore it’s important to let men know out there that there are a variety of options – including permanent to semi-permanent hair removal devices out there available to them that can trump waxing and shaving.
IPL is a great option for men looking to eliminate excess body hair because they can customize the treatment to either be rid of hair permanently or thin the appearance of hair. They can also now purchase devices such as our ELITE IPL hair removal machine so that they can be rid of hair from the comfort of their own home without approaching a salon or esthetician – a process that many men are embarrassed about.
The ELITE has been designed to tackle even the thickest of hairs, which makes it suitable for men and women. The only difference between an IPL treatment for men and one for women with the ELITE is the necessity for men to follow through with more treatments as they typically have more and thicker hair.
The ELITE can eliminate all excess hair growth in men whether it is due to testosterone levels, genes or age. The reason why IPL works can be found in a previous article we wrote here: http://blog.evoderma.com/products/elite/skincare-saturday-10/. Men can use it on their arms, legs, armpits, stomach, back, chest, bikini area and just about anywhere they want minus the face and genitals!
Don’t be afraid to consider IPL hair removal as a viable option for men’s hair removal! This way you can obtain permanent or semi-permanent results based on your personal preference and take that one step closer to being the smooth you, you wish to be without the hesitation, embarrassment or excuses. Check our exclusive men’s ELITE page for more information: http://evoderma.com/elite-for-men.html
Season’s Givings: evoDerma’s holiday promotions make gift shopping easy
Having trouble coming up with the perfect holiday gift for friends and family? Don’t worry, evoDerma has the holiday wish list covered with these luxurious beauty and relaxation tools: NOOME Anti-Aging Motion, ELITE IPL hair removal, and the PRONECK Massager. Not only are these gifts practical, but with evoDerma‘s holiday sale, they are affordable too.
Add luxury to their wishlist with evoDerma’s holiday promotions
Not only are these gifts practical, but with evoDerma’s holiday sale, they are affordable too.
Montreal, Quebec (PRWEB) December 04, 2014
The NOOME™ Anti-Aging Motion is the perfect gift for both men and women over the age of 25, or, let’s face it, anyone who gets excited about skincare. It is an effective device that works to strengthen and restore the skin while combating the leading causes of facial aging: the decrease of collagen and elastin production, muscle strain and slow skin cell turnover. Incorporating NIST technology (non-invasive sub dermal therapy), NOOME™ attenuates fine lines and softens wrinkles caused by facial tension and leaves users with a fresh and youthful-looking complexion over time. It comes in a small compact box that makes this gift the perfect stocking stuffer!
Combined with the latest in IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology and evoDerma’s own innovative AMP (Advanced Multi-Pulse) technology, the ELITE is one of the highest quality hair removal products on the market. This state-of-the-art device works to deliver faster light pulses in one application that result in a more efficient and in depth treatment of unwanted body hair. Perfect for anyone, ELITE is designed for both men and women and is intended for home use. ELITE comes with a disposable lamp cartridge, each equipped with between 10,000 to 50,000 flashes (depending on the selected intensity level) that work to deliver progressively permanent hair reduction.
PRONECK is among the most high-tech and luxury devices in compact relaxation tools. It also makes for the most versatile holiday gift because everyone loves a good massage. The PRONECK Massager is a lightweight at-home wireless massage system that relieves stress and eases muscle tension. Incorporating massage techniques traditionally used in spas, PRONECK stimulates blood flow and improves sleep. A variety of massage settings such as heat massage, vibration, low frequency electric impulses and range of intensity are selected from a sleek and stylish pocket-sized remote control. Blue was carefully chosen as the color to appear on the massager and remote control due to its well known calming effects and it’s ability to soothe and encourage physical and mental relaxation.
Avoid crowded stores this holiday season by going online and visiting evoDerma’s store, in order to take advantage of these luxurious beauty and relaxation tools for a stress free holiday shopping experience. Beat the winter blues by taking advantage of evoDerma’s promotion and build a customized at home spa treatment with all three devices. Now that’s a feel good moment.
Terms and Conditions apply. Visit http://www.evoderma.com or call 1-855-EVO-DERM (1-855-386-3376) for more information.
*Offer valid only on NOOME™ Anti-Aging Motion, ELITE Hair Removal system and the PRONECK massager while supplies last. No substitutions once the order is processed. Not valid on previous purchases, disposable lamp cartridge purchases or in combination with any other evoDerma offers. Offer may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice.
Facial massage is great for stimulating skin cell renewal and collagen reproduction. So we’ve created a step-by-step guide on how to give yourself a facial massage that can help you relax and combat the signs of aging.
You can do this massage when you wake up or before going to bed. Just be careful to not be too rough with your skin as that can do more harm than good!
Step 1: Make sure your face is clean and free from all make up.
Step 2: Put your index finger above your eyebrow and middle finger below your eye socket. Slowly and gently stroke your fingers out away from your nose. Repeat 10 times
Step 3: Place your left hand on the right side of your forehead and gently stroke towards the other side, moving your hand towards the left side of your face. Then, switch and do the same but with your right hand, moving it from left to right. Repeat 10 times.
Step 4: Place your right hand over your mouth and gently stroke towards the left side of your face. Then, repeat but with your left hand, moving it towards the right side of you face. Repeat 10 times.
Step 5: Next, drop your jaw as if doing the biggest smile you can! Hold this for as long as possible.
Step 6: Push the tip of your nose upwards with your index finger and hold it there. Whilst doing this pull your upper lip down over your teeth and hold for 5 seconds.
Step 7: Using the middle fingers of both hands, make small circular movements from the top of the bridge of your nose all the way down towards your nostrils.
Step 8: Using your thumb and index finger, pinch your jaw and cheeks. Be sure to use small, quick pinches, nothing too painful.
Step 9: Place the knuckles of your index and middle fingers under your chin. Slowly move them along your jaw line towards your ears. Repeat 5 times.
For an even easier facial massage, our NOOME Anti-aging device is an all in one product that can deliver all the benefits of an intensive anti-aging facial massage.
For more information about NOOME, watch the video below!
Here at evoDerma, we’re constantly looking for new tips and tricks to help our community feel their best and to stay amazing.
We believe that there is no need to take drastic measures to look younger (i.e. plastic surgery) when you can use a more natural approach that will help enhance the features that make you YOU. So, here are three makeup tricks that you can use to help achieve a fresher, more youthful look.
Trick #1: Wear LESS Makeup!
- That’s right folks, the saying is true “Less is more”. Instead of caking on layers of liquid foundation, cover up AND mineral powder, opt for just 1 of the three. The less you wear, the more natural and fresh your complexion will be.
Trick #2: Warm up your skin color!
- Especially with winter just around the corner, it’s important to add a bit of color to your complexion. Try to avoid powders and use either a cream based blush or bronzer on your cheeks for a lively glow!
Trick #3: Add some glow!
- Nothing screams youthful like a glowing complexion. Add a bit of highlighter to your upper cheekbones and just under your eyebrows, and voila, a natural looking glow!
Try these three tricks in combination with evoDerma’s NOOME device (http://evoderma.com/noome-anti-aging-motion.html). The NOOME will improve the blood circulation in your face while subsequently rejuvenating your complexion. Check out our blogpost here and find out the best way to integrate the NOOME into your skincare regime!
Don’t forget to tell us how these tips work for you!
Alright, so you hit your twenties and you are just starting to get settled in to adulthood. You feel young – you are young. The last thing you’re probably thinking about is taking preventative anti-aging measures for your skin. For now you’re too concerned about finding your place in the world as an adult and enjoying the freedom being a young adult comes with. BUT wait! Don’t be naïve in thinking you only need to address problems when you see them – take early precautions now that will make your future self jump for joy.
Here are a few simple tips that you can incorporate into your daily routine to look and feel amazing well beyond your twenties!
- The most important thing you can do starting now is to wear a moisturizer with a high SPF. Be sure to invest in a high quality sunscreen and slather it on everyday – don’t be stingy! Wear it rain or shine, sun or not, because it will consistently block harmful UV rays from penetrating your skin. Not wearing sunscreen regularly can cause women to see the early signs of aging even before their twenties end.
- Avoid squeezing blackheads and pimples! We know the temptation. We’ve all been there. It’s hard to walk around with the feeling of something protruding from your face. Yet by not picking at your face, you’re decreasing the likelihood of broken capillaries that can come back to haunt you later when you age.
- Incorporate Retinol-A into your routine. Vitamin A is a good source of Retinol, yet you can get it over the counter with a prescription from a dermatologist. Applying Retinol-A every other night before bed will help fight the appearance of wrinkles and even acne – two problems that women in their twenties deal with!
- Go to see a dermatologist once a year. It may seem excessive as many of us don’t even think to see a dermatologist unless we feel something is wrong… However, if you think of it this way: you go to see a doctor at least once a year to check up on the health of your body, right? Why not see a dermatologist once a year to check up on the health of your skin and even be given customized tips and tricks for its upkeep.
- Eat Omega 3s! Having healthy skin is as much about what you put inside of it as what you put on top of it. The fatty acids found in Omega 3s help the skin with oil production and can help prevent dry and flaky skin. It also acts as an antioxidant that helps protect your skin from UV rays.
- Buying skincare products? Always go for the gentlest option in every skincare category. Overly harsh products often have the opposite effect of what you want it to do and can damage your skin over time.
- Last but not least, start to use the NOOME Anti-Aging motion device regularly from your 20s onwards. The NOOME is great device that can stimulate the production of collagen more better than any other serum or cream as it targets the deepest layer of your skin. (To see why, see this article). Start now with the NOOME and achieve a glowing complexion that will last you way into your golden years.
So you’ve bought the ELITE, and now you have lovely smooth legs, but you’re still plagued by cellulite. What can you do? Well, help is at hand because we have a list of the best foods that can help fight the appearance of cellulite!
Getting rid of cellulite isn’t necessarily all about creams or what you put on to your body, but also about what you put into it which counts!
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: The best place to start is with fresh fruit and vegetables. The high levels of water they contain can help flush out toxins in your body which can help eradicate cellulite. A diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables will also give you lots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. What’s even better is that their low calorie content can help with weight loss, which will help reduce cellulite.
Some of the best fruits and veg for eliminating cellulite are: avocado (which is also a source of healthy fat, more on this later), berries, celery, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and grapefruit. The more colorful, the better!
- Lean protein: Once you’ve got your fruit and veg, you need your protein! You should eat plenty of lean proteins, preferably ones that are either high in omega fatty acids or very low in fat. Protein rich foods can help boost your metabolism, and omega fats can build muscle whilst burning fats.
The best protein rich foods to focus on are: chicken breast, white turkey meat, lean steak, egg white, cod, salmon and oily fish (such as mackerel).
- Dairy: As well as animal protein, dairy products are also very important in the fight against cellulite. Whilst they are important, try and keep them to 1-2 servings per day. An added bonus is that they also contain calcium.
The best sources of healthy dairy products are: cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and hard cheeses. Be careful of how much you eat though, as some dairy products contain a lot of saturated fats, which is definitely not what you want!
- Healthy fats: Healthy fats (importance on the word healthy) can be great in providing a long-term source of energy. They also have great benefits for your skin!
The best sources of healthy fats are: salmon, mackerel, sardines, coconut oil (is there anything coconut oil can’t do?!), seeds, nuts and natural nut butters, and avocado, again. Be careful though, as they can be high in calories, so be sure to monitor your portion sizes!
- Complex carbs: You need to be really careful about these because they can lead to weight gain. But it isn’t all bad, they can help with muscle building which is vital in firming up areas where cellulite is present. You’ll get the best benefits from them if you eat them either first thing in the morning or around your workout.
You can get complex carbs from: sweet potatoes, couscous, quinoa, brown and wild rice, and steel cut oatmeal.
Now that you’ve got your ELITE and your cellulite fighting foods, you and your smooth legs are ready to take on the world!
There’s no better way to beat the winter blues then to settle down at home with your own personalized spa! So invite your best girlfriends over and bring on the bubbly, because we have the perfect treat for you.
- No spa is complete without being completely in your comfort zone. So light some candles, put on your PJs and pick a cozy and relaxing nook in your house to set up.
- Flicks. That’s right! Pick your favorite guilty pleasure and pop it into the DVD player. Or, who are we kidding, click play on Netflix. Some of our personal favorites are: Mean Girls, Clueless and Love Actually or any film that makes you feel like you’re 15 again.
- Now for the spa treatments. Start by making this relaxing lavender foot soak (Recipe below). Then, make our banana honey face mask (recipe below).
- Now, for the relaxation. Pop on one of evoDerma’s top selling products, the PRONECK massager. This will be sure to get rid of any built up tension, and it will truly add to this spa experience.
- Apply all the treatments, sit back, relax, and treat yourself to your favorite snack. Voila, the ultimate DIY at-home spa!
Lavender Foot Soak:
- 1 large bowl to mix in all the ingredients (don’t forget your feet have to fit in there too)
- 1 cup of Epsom Salts
- 5 drops of essential Lavender Oil
- ½ cup of coarse sea salt
Fill up the bowl half way with warm to hot water. Add all your ingredients. Stir. Place feet in bowl.
Banana Honey Face Mask
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of plain yoghurt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Apply to face. Leave on for 10-20 minutes. Rinse off.
This Skincare Saturday is dedicated to all those men out there who may feel forgotten about in the skincare equation, as well as those who feel bewildered about how to go about establishing a daily skincare routine.
Whether you’re male or female, it’s important to invest in a good cleanser in order to remove all the gunk that builds up under your skin overtime. Cleansers are relatively inexpensive and easy to find.
TIP 4 MEN:
A regular deep cleansing can help avoid itching and stubble! Bonus points if you find a cleanser that contains glycolic acid as it is proven to help alleviate razor bumps & burns.
Exfoliation is a process in which you gently massage exfoliant against your skin so as to help promote skin cell renewal and the removal of dead cells. Exfoliants can easily be identified by their “rough” texture and are easily found in any pharmacy.
TIP 4 MEN:
Avoid exfoliating in the areas in which you shave your facial hair.
Shaving itself is a type of physical exfoliation and if you exfoliate where
you’re shaving, this can actually be very damaging to your skin!
Moisturizing is key to keeping skin healthy! Moisturizing is important to do every day and night and should be done right after cleansing and then exfoliating. There is a vast array of moisturizers out there however some are suited better for different skin types – check out our moisturizer article here to help guide you in finding the perfect one for you.
TIP 4 MEN:
Moisturize with sunscreen! There are many moisturizers out there with built in UV protection. Sunscreen should be worn everyday regardless of the weather.
There are many steps men can take to keep their skin at its best throughout the day, and even take preventative measures now that will benefit them in the long term.
TIPS 4 MEN:
- Invest in facial wipes. Whisk away sweat, oil and dirt throughout the day in one easy swoop with a facial wipe. It’s also a great way to feel refreshed.
- Cleanse & Exfoliate before shaving! Cleansing & Exfoliating before shaving will not only give you a clean surface to work on, but also soften the hair before shaving.
- Invest in a BB Cream to even out complexion. There’s an “un-makeup” solution for guys. Do not be hesitant about investing in a good BB Cream to even out any blotches and imperfections. Although it may look like makeup, BB Creams are great for skin because they are packed with many vitamins, anti-aging properties and have a light tint to them, which helps to correct the skin tone.
- And last but not least, taking preventative anti-aging measures is important no matter your age. Your more mature self will be thanking you in later years for considering it now. For this process, we of course recommend our best seller, the NOOME Anti-Aging Motion Device. The NOOME is great for stimulating collagen production in the deeper layers of your skin and works even better than any anti-aging cream out there. It’s also extremely easy to use, non-invasive and only takes about a minute to do every couple of days in a week. Give it a try!
Alright, we all know the feeling of silky smooth legs after a fresh shave, but what if you could get even softer legs? It’s definitely possible with our ultimate after-shave skin care regime and our amazing DIY Coconut Coffee Scrub!
First, start off with your regular shaving routine. We suggest taking a hot shower before proceeding with any sort of shaving to help soften the hairs. Then, instead of using shaving cream, use coconut oil (have we mentioned how much we love coconut oil?). This will get the ball rolling to achieve those silky smooth stems.
Second, use the ELITE at-home IPL hair removal system in order to achieve gradually permanent hair removal. This will ensure that your hair regrowth will progressively disappear, hich means you can say goodbye to those prickly hairs!
Third, use the Coconut Coffee Scrub (see recipe below) to exfoliate your legs and get rid of any dead skin cells. No more flaky dry skin with this bad boy, just lather, scrub and rinse away that dead skin! Not only that, but the coffee grounds also help to get rid of cellulite!
Voila! Be prepared to constantly be touching your legs because you won’t believe how smooth and soft they are!
DIY Coconut Coffee Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coffee grounds
- 1 drop of vitamin E
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Mix all items together in a jar
With the holiday season fast approaching, its becoming that time of year where discounts ease the holiday budget. This year, evoDerma has gone one step further in helping wallets by creating the Friday to Friday promotion, a weeklong sales event created exclusively for the fast approaching holiday season to help with getting loved ones luxurious beauty tools without the regular price tag.
With the cold months fast approaching, everyone is in need of a treat and theres no better time to try out evoDerma’s beauty and relaxation tools. So, from Friday November 21st until Friday November 28th, get a head start on Black Friday this year with discounts on evoDerma’s best sellers: the NOOME Anti-Aging Motion, ELITE professional at-home IPL hair removal system, and the PRONECK massager. These devices are sure to put a smile on anyones face as all three products on promotion differ so as to meet the holiday wish list for all friends and family.
The NOOME Anti-Aging Motion is a sophisticated device that works to strengthen and repair the skin while combating the leading causes of facial aging: the decrease of collagen and elastin production, muscle strain and slow skin cell turnover. Incorporating NIST technology (non-invasive sub dermal therapy), NOOME attenuates fine lines and softens wrinkles caused by facial tension and leaves users with a fresh and youthful-looking complexion over time. (http://evoderma.com/noome-anti-aging-motion.html)
Combined with the latest in IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology and evoDerma’s own innovative AMP (Advanced Multi-Pulse) technology, the ELITE is one of the highest quality hair removal products on the market. With a perfect combination of IPL and evoDerma’s own AMP technology, this state-of-the-art device works to deliver faster light pulses in one application that result in a more efficient and in depth treatment of unwanted body hair. Perfect for anyone, ELITE is designed for both men and women and is intended for home use. ELITE comes with a disposable lamp cartridge, each equipped with between 10,000 to 50,000 flashes (depending on the selected intensity level) that work to deliver progressively permanent hair reduction. (http://evoderma.com/elite.html)
PRONECK is among the most high-tech devices in compact luxury relaxation tools. The PRONECK Massager is an at-home wireless massage system that relieves stress and eases muscle tension. Incorporating massage techniques traditionally used in spas, PRONECK stimulates blood flow and improves sleep. A variety of massage settings such as heat massage, vibration, low frequency electric impulses and range of intensity are selected from a sleek and stylish pocket-sized remote control. Blue was carefully chosen as the color to appear on the massager and remote control due to its well known calming effects. Blue is soothing and encourages physical and mental relaxation. (http://evoderma.com/pro-neck-massager.html)
Avoid crowded stores this coming week and go online to take advantage of these luxurious beauty and relaxation tools for a more youthful and smoother complexion, without having to leave home. Even if the promotion is not used for getting others gifts, why not take advantage of evoDermas promotion to beat the winter blues and build a customized at home spa treatment with all three devices?
Terms and Conditions apply. Visit http://www.evoderma.com or call 1-855-EVO-DERM (1-855-386-3376) for more information.*Offer valid only on NOOME Anti-Aging Motion, ELITE Hair Removal system and the PRONECK massager while supplies last. No substitutions once the order is processed. Not valid on previous purchases, disposable lamp cartridge purchases or in combination with any other evoDerma offers. Offer may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice.
What stresses you out? And how can you cope with it?Stress can have serious effects on your body and your well-being
A recent study found that our top three stressors are money, work and the economy, with 40% of workers saying that their job is very or extremely stressful.
So how can you beat the stress monster?
Take a walk: Being around nature can help reduce mental fatigue, improve positive feelings and reduce anger and frustration.
Call a friend: Social support is key to staying stress free. So if you’re feeling stressed, try venting to a friend.
Massage: Massage has proven stress-relieving qualities as it relaxes you and can relieve built up tension. For some at home, self massage ideas, check out this post, and this one! And for the perfect feel good moment, try evoDerma’s PRONECK massager. PRONECK uses professional massage techniques and comes with six computerized programs for a personalized treatment. PRONECK is perfect for helping you relax and can help ease built up tension in the neck. For more information on PRONECK, visit our website here.
Laugh: Watch a comedy, read a funny book, listen to something entertaining on the radio or just meet up with some friends for a good laugh. There is so much to laugh about and laughing and having fun can help you let go of your stressors.
Breathe deeply or try meditation: By focusing on positive energy and concentrating on your breathing you can feel less stressed and more relaxed.
So relax, let go of all that stress, and #StayAmazing!
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology is a safe and effective hair removal method that provides permanent results. IPL is often found in professional salons around the globe; however, it is widely known to be a costly process – until now.
Thanks to recent innovations, IPL can now be used at home with new home use devices, such as evoDerma’s ELITE. This device permits the user to achieve the salon quality results they want without the hefty price tag.
Despite IPL being proven as a safe and effective method for at-home hair removal, we can see why it may be intimidating for most. No fear, though! We’re here to explain how it works and why it would be a good investment for anyone wanting permanent hair removal.
Here at evoDerma, we always strive to craft the most advanced and effective devices. This means that our hair removal devices, such as ELITE, are always equipped with the latest advancements in IPL technology. With a simple point and shoot motion on a specific target area, the ELITE puts IPL to work by shooting a bright flash of light that is attracted and absorbed by the natural dark pigment. This pigment is called melanin and it absorbs the light pulses emitted by the device and turns that energy into heat. The melanin then acts as a conductor that directs the energy towards the root of the hair and prevents it from growing back. This process gradually disables the hair follicle and leaves you with permanent results and smoother skin over time!
This method for hair removal is not only effective but also completely safe. Given that your skin tone falls within the boundaries of compatibility and all safety precautions are taken, there should be no concerns with using IPL as a permanent hair removal solution. It is even the most painless method for hair removal – other popular devices that use laser technology are known for being painful and difficult to use. The ELITE on the other hand, uses IPL in such a way that makes the process practically painless!
Hopefully this information is enough to convince you that IPL is a harmless and competent permanent hair removal solution. However, if any questions were to arise regarding IPL technology, never hesitate to contact evoDerma for questions about safety and procedure. We always have a knowledgeable and expertly trained staff at hand prepared to answer any questions you may have!
+1-514-446-1515 / firstname.lastname@example.org
EvoDerma is excited to invite you to join and be part of the growing #StayAmazing community on Facebook.
We want to keep our followers informed about our high quality beauty and relaxation devices, and of course, to give them the best tips and tricks to help them #StayAmazing.
Based on evoDerma’s concept that real beauty is being amazing, the Facebook page looks to not only share products but to also provide fans with the best beauty tips daily. All of this is in addition to providing expert information about evoDerma’s areas of knowledge: IPL hair removal, anti-aging and well being. On top of being a beauty authority, the page alerts fans to evoDerma’s own great deals on sites, such as Groupon and LivingSocial, as well as exclusive social media offers.
EvoDerma’s marketing and design teams work hard to produce top quality content that is memorable, informative and interesting. Trendy images, videos and articles are combined with self-made original content. These keep evoDerma’s followers informed about the company’s high quality beauty and relaxation devices, and of course, to give them the best tips and tricks to help them #StayAmazing.
Social media posts are based around unique daily themes: Mindful Monday, Tutorial Tuesday, Workout Wednesday, Try It Out Thursday, Forever Young Friday, Skincare Saturday and Style Sunday. The aim is for fans to engage as much as possible with the published content and become part of the evoDerma community. A recent example of positive fan interaction is when Instagram users were asked to submit their most glamorous Halloween selfies so as to become the Style Sunday star.
EvoDerma also regularly posts #FeelGoodMoments; remarkable videos and websites that create a ‘wow effect’. These can be anything from amazing feats of human achievement to incredible choreography, to inspirational art works. The aim is for the audience to come away from the page feeling inspired and most of all, amazing.
With a current Facebook following of over 7,600, evoDerma aims to continue to grow and reach more and more people.
Based in Montreal, Canada, evoDerma Inc. is a beauty provider that specializes in leading-edge IPL hair removal, skincare, anti-aging, and well-being technology. We have successfully created the latest in high quality aesthetic devices with style and comfort in mind. Designed for at home use, our professional-grade products are known throughout the industry for their reliable reputation as well as their iconic design.
So click on the links below and join us!
Step 1: Use an exfoliating cleanser. Not only will it help to remove dirt from your pores, but it will also polish away any dead skin cells that hang out on the surface of your skin. One of our favourite cleansers is : Olay’s skin smoothing cream scrub (great for combination skin)!
Step 2: Here’s where our handy dandy NOOME comes in. Not only will the NOOME work to boost collagen and elastin levels in your skin, it will also give your complexion that extra something by improving your blood circulation. NOOME will help your skin glow throughout the day.
Step 3: Coconut oil. Coconut oil. Coconut oil. We swear by this stuff, it seriously works wonders! It’s an all natural moisturizer that will help clear up your skin due to it’s anti-bacterial components. It will also help to remove any excess makeup AND help to fight signs of aging. Did we mention that we love it? To see just how much we love it, check out this post!
Try this routine out at home and let us know how it works!
As winter is fast approaching, it is almost the season for the environmental damage to wreak havoc on your skin’s natural moisturizing ability.
So, it’s now or never to educate yourself on your specific needs and stock up on a go to lotion that will keep you hydrated all winter!
The first step in choosing a moisturizer is assessing your skin type – different skin types have specific needs that need to be addressed so as to best combat this upcoming cold season.
Dry Skin: dry skin is usually indicative of a lack of sebum production and need for oil for hydration. Therefore, choosing oil-based products best fights off dry skin.
Tips & Tricks for choosing a moisturizer:
|+ Find products with emollients: emollients sink into the skin and help skin retain its hydration and suppleness.|
|+ Find products with Occlusives: occlusives are famous for their ability to seal in water – so are most beneficial when applied to dampened skin.|
|+ Emollients and Occlusives should be at the top of your look-for ingredients list!|
|+ Humectants: help increase the water content of the skin by enhancing water absorption from the dermis to the epidermis (Difference between epidermis and dermis article link here). Some examples of humectants are ingredients like aloe vera, glycerin and hyaluronic acid.|
|+ Your skin needs as much oil as possible, so avoid products that may strip any of it away!|
Oily Skin: people with oily skin suffer from an overproduction of sebum – although many other factors can bring on excess sebum such as hormonal changes. Not to fear though, people with oily skin should never be excluded from a daily moisturizing routine – especially in winter.Tips & Tricks for choosing a moisturizer:
|+Avoid products that use heavy occlusive: as mentioned earlier, occlusives are known for the ability to seal in moisture – which means that they will retain too much of the oil already found on the skin.+ Stick to a “light” weight moisturizer that has the consistency of either a gel or a liquid – not a cream.|
|+ The winter months are capable of drying out skin, even sometimes no matter how oily your skin is. So, a heavier cream may be necessary to treat dry patches, however…|
|+Test patch!! People with oily skin have a tendency to break out easily. It is always important to test patch (even regardless of skin type) a product on your skin to prevent breakouts.|
Combination Skin: people with combination skin are typically defined by those with an oily T-Zone and then dry, flaky patches around all other areas. Thus, it becomes confusing to treat combination skin due to people having two very different problems at once!Tips & Tricks for choosing a moisturizer:
|+ Tailor your skincare to target specific areas. Although it sounds tedious, it is important different areas specifically.|
|+ Tailor your routine to use a moisturizer suitable for oily skin on the area where the skin is oily, and use a moisturizer typically meant for dry skin on areas where it is dry.|
|+ Apply a light moisturizing gel or liquid to your whole face and wait to dry.|
|+ After applying a light moisturizer to your whole face, apply a heavier and more moisturizing cream (refer to tips & tricks for dry skin) to dry areas.|
Normal Skin: don’t consider yourself to suffer from these problems? Congrats! You have the skin most of us dream of. However, neglecting moisturizing due to feeling like you don’t need to is bad – especially in the upcoming winter months that can dry out your skin.Tips & tricks for choosing a moisturizer:
|+ Avoid heavy creams. Unless winter has given you a dry patch, heavy creams can actually clog your pores and cause breakouts|
|+ Although your skin moisturizer may not require specific ingredients such as those to combat oily and dry skin, it is still important to look for the right ingredients for you.|
|+ Products with emollients and humectants are a good option for your ideal moisturizer.|
picture credit 1 2
When stressed the body releases cortisol, a stress hormone. Over a long period, cortisol can cause health problems, such as weight gain.
Improved immune system:
Research has shown meditation increases anti-bodies, which helps the immune system act faster
When your mind is at ease, you’ll be better able to control your emotions.
Calms the mind:
Like with your emotions, if you are less stressed and more relaxed your mind should be free of worry.
Regulates heart rate:
During meditation the body requires less oxygen which means the heart can beat slower and more regularly which also reduces blood pressure.
When you feel less stressed you’ll be able to concentrate your energy and thoughts onto something else
Cortisol causes collagen loss in the skin which can cause wrinkles. NOOME can also help boost collagen.
Cortisol causes fat gaun around major organs, which can lead to health problems.
Better bone density:
Over time, too much stress and cortisol production can weaken bone formation.
And for an even more relaxing experience, try PRONECK: the perfect feel good moment!
How to create faux bangs!
Have you always wanted bangs but been too scared to make the first chop? Afraid of all the work that comes along with having a fringe? Luckily we have a non-committal hair trick that will keep you up to date on this bang-on trend: how to create faux bangs!
1. First, start by brushing the front part of your hair in front of your face
2. Then, make a side part, still leaving the hair in front of your face.
3. Flip the bottom part of the hair underneath and twist it to the side of your head
4. Take a bobby pin and secure the twisted hair in place
5 .Repeat on the other side
Voilà ! Faux-bangs
Step 3 and 4:
Remember to try this out at home and send us a picture! Or hashtag evoDerma on Instagram!
If you haven’t heard of the myriad of uses for coconut oil – no fear; after scouring the web for countless hours, we are here to compile a list of the best tried and true tips and tricks that are all things coconut oil. All the while explaining exactly why coconut oil can be beneficial to your skincare and beauty regimen!
Coconut oil has an awesome antibacterial action
Coconut oil is composed of 92% saturated fats and more specifically – a saturated fat called Lauric Acid which is know for having anti-bacterial properties.
Some uses for coconut oil that demonstrate its anti-bacterial action:
Toothpaste: just mix 6 tbsp coconut oil with 6 tbsp baking soda!
Oil Pulling: Swish coconut oil in your mouth for 15 – 20 minutes as an alternative to mouth wash and to remove large amounts of harmful bacteria.
Dandruff: Massage a couple tablespoons of coconut oil onto your scalp and leave it to sit overnight once a week.
Makeup remover: Gently warm a small amount of coconut oil between your fingers and apply it to the area of makeup you want removed; wipe away with a warm wash cloth.
Foot odour: Around 2-3 times a day, massage coconut oil onto your feet and wear socks.
Coconut oil has amazing moisturizing abilities
Coconut oil is undoubtedly a great moisturizer that not only feels great, but also smells lovely. It’s an effective moisturizer for the body, face and hair. Watch out though! Coconut oil is actually comedogenic – meaning it can also cause blackheads and clogged pores. It is always a good idea to patch test small areas of skin before ever committing to any product for your skin care routine.
Cleanser: Gently massage coconut oil around your face and then wipe away with a damp warm washcloth.
Anti-Aging: Coconut oil is actually packed with antioxidants that are great for anti-aging properties… or just as a face cream in general!
Double the effectiveness of your moisturizer: Apply coconut oil right after moisturizing to seal in your moisturizer for optimal results.
Body Cream: Preferably before bed (as coconut oil can feel pretty sticky!), apply coconut oil liberally to your body. For an added bonus add essential oils, vanilla extract or other scents to make a scented body cream!
Conditioning Treatment: Condition your hair by massaging coconut oil on the ends of your hair, let it sit overnight (be sure to wear a hair cap!) and simply wash it out in the morning – but you may have to shampoo twice to get it all out!
Warning! Many websites and blogs also state that you can make a coconut oil scrub using granules such as sugar or salt – however, this is actually very dangerous for your skin! Using jagged, rough pieces like sugar or salt is actually very damaging for your skin.
DIY coconut oil beauty
There are tons of crazy concoctions online for DIY beauty products that are made from coconut oil. Although coconut oil is definitely a great ingredient for a natural and moisturizing cosmetic product, here are some tried and true beauty uses – even a lipstick we made ourselves over here at evoDerma!
Bronzer: Combine coconut oil and cacao powder for a hint of bronze when you moisturize.
Shimmer Bronzer: Combine coconut oil, cacao powder and a gold / white shimmer loose powder or instead of cacao powder, mix with some old shimmer brown eye shadow!
Lip Balm: You can either apply coconut oil plainly to your lips or create your own customized lip balm! Just simply mix some warmed coconut oil, essential oils for scent and color. For colors, there are plenty of options out there – food dyes, non-toxic crayons, Kool-Aid, beets… The list goes on! Get creative and have fun with it!
Cream Blush: Combine melted coconut oil and an old pink lipstick for a natural looking, and moisturizing cream blush!
Lip Scrub: combine sugar granules, coconut oil and scrub away
Lash conditioner: Get luscious lashes with coconut oil but gently massaging it into your (clean) lashes each night before bed!
If you want your look to be more glamorous romantic and less gothic halloween, follow these simple steps on how to rock dark lipstick this season.
- First things first, it is important to start with a good base. So make sure your lips are in tip top condition by starting with a lip scrub. This will stop your lips from looking flakey under your lipstick.
- The next best way to prepare your lips for a dark lipstick is to keep them moisturized. Choose a matte lip balm, so that you can use it under the lipstick and the shine won’t break through.
- Next, make sure you don’t have any stray hairs hanging around your top lip. It’s not a good look if any of your lipstick clings to them.
- You want your skin to look as fresh and glowing as possible. If your skin is unclear, the lipstick has to contend with blotches and redness. Check out our top tips to get glowing skin here!
- To find your best, most flattering shade, go for a purple base (think merlot) if your skin is fair to medium. If your skin is more olive, go for a colour with terracotta/mahogany shades. If you have darker skin, a merlot colour mixed with a tiny amount of dark brown or black will compliment your skin.
- To line or not to line? If your lipstick has a very high shine, and if it is not too glossy or creamy, then it will stay put without having to use liner. If you feel more comfortable with a lined lip, a wine or blood-red-rose shade will work best.
For more beauty tips daily, join us on Facebook!
Anyone out there know the difference between a serum and a face cream?
No worries if you don’t – most people are unsure how to differentiate between these products! However, here at evoDerma we believe that taking care of your skin is one of the most important parts of your daily routine – therefore it’s important to be knowledgeable of products available to you so as to make an informed decision on how to go about taking care of your beautiful skin!
First off, to completely understand the difference between a moisturizer and a serum, it is important to educate ourselves on the biology of the skin and the layers that these products target – since they can all target specific skin needs differently.
The most basic layers of our skin comes in three parts:
1. The Epidermis
which is the outer most layer of our skin that acts as a barrier to prevent infection.
2. The Dermis
sits right under the epidermis and is the area that contains hair follicles, nerve endings, sweat glands, sebaceous glands, apocrine glands, lymphatic vessels and blood vessels.
3. The hypodermis
is the third and last layer that acts as connective tissue between your skin and muscle tissue. It is from the hypodermis in which we get our blood supply for the other two layers.
Now, the part that some people get confused about is how a moisturizer and a serum targets these skin layers differently.
The truth is – many skincare companies have become good at making you buy the same thing twice with the belief that you’re getting two differently functioning products.
The primary difference between skin cream and a serum is that a serum contains a higher concentration of active ingredients that can penetrate a deeper layer of skin than a face cream.
Often, a skincare line may release a skin cream with it’s “matching serum”, stating that they are required in conjunction with one another to achieve desired results – but the truth is, they may just be the same thing, however, the serum is more highly concentrated.
Although we would never like to demonize the use of creams and serums as a daily part of keeping your skin healthy, it is important to know exactly what is going on your skin and how it is going to get the results you wish to achieve. Creams and serums are capable of targeting the two outer most layers of your skin but are there any products out there that can achieve more effective results? What if there was one product that could target an even deeper layer of skin than a serum and capable of producing effective and visible results without the necessity of buying a variety of creams and serums?
For this reason, evoDerma has created the NOOME Anti-Aging device.
NOOME is a skin rejuvenation tool that is capable of targeting the deepest layer of your skin with a gentle and relaxing suctioning function. NOOME targets the deepest skin layers by lightly sucking on the surface of your skin to help stimulate blood flow in your hypodermis and helps increase the production of proteins such as collagen.
Of course it is important to still keep in mind that the road to healthy skin is by giving it the nutrients it needs – this comes from a balanced diet, minimal UV exposure and added anti-oxidants such as Vitamin E, Polyphenols, ascorbic acid, beta-carotene and other ingredients with proven skin benefits.
Basically, visible results are a process more than an application – it is knowing where to target specifically and the effect of what you are applying. Therefore, with NOOME you can be comfortable in knowing which target areas you are hitting and that your efforts are being put to achieving results more efficiently! Combined with an informed skincare regimen, you can achieve those flawless results you deserve!
Remember – skincare is really a reflection of science and biology – understanding your skin and the effects of what you need to apply to it is the first step in skincare!
You can try NOOME for yourself here!
Try these two relaxing, at-home head massages, for a perfect moment of relaxation.
1. Hold the sides of your head in your palms. Push in and move your fingers across your skull. Press and repeat.
2. Hold the back of your neck with your thumbs and index fingers. Slide up and down, applying even pressure.
We hope you enjoy this, and for an even better experience, try the PRONECK Massager: the perfect feel good moment.
Shaving is one the of the oldest and most common methods of hair removal, however it only lasts a few days and can cause ingrown hairs and razor burns. This leaves unsightly bumps on the skin. As the hair starts to regrow it can also be itchy, especially in more sensitive areas. Oh and then there’s the risk of cutting yourself!
Waxing is an ancient technique where the hair is pulled from the root, but this can be very painful, especially on sensitive areas of the body. Just with saving, there is also the chance of ingrown hairs. You also have to allow for about 1/4 of an inch regrowth between treatments. It can be messy if you try to do it yourself at home, and if you opt for an in-salon treatment it can be very expensive, ranging from $1000 – $1500 a year for treatment on your legs, underarms and bikini line!
Mechanical epilators pluck the hair automatically as they are passed over the body, which can be especially painful. Epilators pluck between five and 40 hairs at once. They can also accidentally pinch the skin instead of the hairs, which is very painful and can cause irritation. As with shaving and waxing, there is also the risk of ingrown hairs.
At home IPL is much more cost effective than in-salon IPL and, as the name suggests, can be done within the comfort of your own home. Unlike shaving, waxing and epilating, IPL hair removal systems like LUMI+ and ELITE offer permanent hair reduction, with visible results typically seen within 2 – 4 treatments. For in-salon treatments, prices can range from $535 for five treatments* on the underarms to $1800 for five treatments* on the upper legs. Or in other words, to treat the whole body (five treatments on the underarms, arms, bikini line, upper and lower legs) it can cost upwards of $6400!* You can buy an ELITE hair removal system for $599 or a LUMI+ for $599.
You can check here to see if IPL is right for your skin type!
*For a set of five to seven in-office laser treatments. Based on survey of North American skin care clinics in 2011.
A great way to relax is through massage, and it has so many other benefits as well such as improving circulation. Try out these two simple at home massages, and for an even more relaxing experience try the PRONECK Massager.
1. Hold your foot with your thumbs pressing into the sole. Rub vigorously across the sole.
2. Hold both your feet whilst squatting. Push your thumbs into your soles and press your fingers up into the tops of your feet.
EvoDerma is proud to introduce the PRONECK Massager: the most high-tech in luxury relaxation tools. Drawing inspiration from massage techniques traditionally used in professional settings, the PRONECK incorporates these methods into its compact design – making it both convenient and easy to use while at home, at work or while travelling. Click the image below to find out more!
Wave goodbye to spots with these three natural spot treatments:
Apply lemon juice directly to the spot with a Q-tip to dry it out.
Place slices of raw potato directly on the problem areas and leave for 10-30 minutes then rinse off.
Apply a few slices of cleaned cucumber directly to problem spots, leave for 20 minutes then wash off.
Rachel McAdams is lucky enough to have lovely naturally red lips that she doesn’t need to overdo the makeup. To copy her natural look, go for a tinted lip balm. Not only do you get a hint of color, but you’ll also get moisturizer and UV protection! If you’re not sure which shade to go for, you can see what your natural lip color is by looking at your gum line or get the blood flowing by rubbing your lips.
To get fresh and healthy looking skin with that amazing glow like Michelle Williams, the key is water. If you are dehydrated, it will show in your skin. So drink plenty of water throughout the day. It is also key to have a good skincare routine and to really look after your skin. Taking your makeup before you go to bed and wearing sunscreen no matter what the weather are vital. Stay clear from oil-free foundations, such as matte ones, because these will not give you a glow. For a natural, lighter look, opt for a tinted moisturizer or mix a little bit of moisturizer with your foundation
Halle Berry is a champion of natural looking makeup and is rarely seen with lots and lots of makeup on. If you want the no-makeup look, opt for one vital product: mascara. Even a light, natural coat can make a huge difference as it frames your eyes, and your face. Try a black-brown shade instead of ultra black, as it looks softer and more natural. Another top tip is to use a small rubber wand, take some product of the mascara wand when you take it off the tube, and comb it through your lashes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
We’re sure you will love these fudgy, peanut butter brownies, and what’s even better is that they are vegan and gluten free!
¾ cup of cocoa powder (preferably high quality)
1 15 ounce can (approximately ¾ cups) of black beans, well rinsed and drained
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. flaxseed meal + 5 T water)
¼ cup maple syrup or agave
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ cup + tsp. raw sugar, ground to a fine texture (or sub granulated)
3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ cup salted natural peanut butter (smooth or creamy)
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/3 cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips + more for topping
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking pan
2. Make up the flax eggs by combining flax and water in the bowl of the food processor and pulse a couple of times. Then leave to rest for a few minutes.
3. Add the black beans, cocoa powder, oil, sea salt, vanilla extract, maple syrup or agave, raw sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Puree this mixture – about 3 minutes – scraping down the sides as needed. It needs to be pretty smooth.
4. If the batter looks too thick, add a tbsp. or two of water and pulse again. You do not want it to be runny though.
5. Add almost all of the chocolate chips and stir. Distribute the batter evenly into the baking tin and smooth the top with a spoon, or with your finger.
6. Measure out the peanut butter into a mixing cup and add the powdered sugar – mix to combine. Add dots of the peanut butter mixture on top of the brownie mixture in the pan and swirl with a toothpick or a knife.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
8. Bake in the oven for 35 – 45 minutes. You want the top to be dry and the edges to start to pull away from the sides. They shouldn’t move around when shaken.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 30 minutes before serving. Remove gently with a spatula or a fork. The insides are meant to be fudgy, so don’t worry if they look moist.
You can store them in an air-tight container for a few days, or in the fridge for longer. Enjoy!
Not all of us are blessed with lovely long eyelashes, and they are something that most of us dream of having. So follow these great tips and start growing yours naturally.
- The first step to naturally longer lashes is taking care of them properly! Never go to bed with makeup on. If your eyes aren’t clean, your lashes can’t grow.
- Invest in an eyelash brush and comb them regularly.
- Use a Q-tip or a mascara brush and swipe your eyelid with Vaseline before going to bed and over time your lashes will grow thicker and longer.
- Jojoba oil, castor oil, coconut oil and olive oil are all great at making your lashes grow longer. Apply them regularly to get all the benefits of these natural oils such as minerals, vitamins and lengthening agents. Plus they moisturize your lashes too!
- Taking vitamin E supplements on a daily basis can help give you longer lashes faster.
- Massaging your eyelids can help stimulate the hair follicles which can make your lashes stronger and stop them falling out or breaking.
- Just like any other part of your body, if your diet is not very good, your eyelashes will suffer. Increase how much fruit and veg you eat, and your eyelashes (and body in general) will thank you!
- Some mascaras contain lash accelerators. Applying a coat of these each day will give you longer lashes in no time.
- If all else fails, or you want a more immediate solution, lengthening mascaras will give you longer and thicker lashes.
Knowing your skin tone can help you make informed decisions about cosmetic procedures.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal therapy uses optical energy to disable hair growth. The method is effective because of a hair pigment called ‘melanin’, which absorbs the energy emitted by the treatment flash and directs it towards the hair follicle, transforming light pulses into heat. The process disables the hair follicle and prevents future hair growth, allowing for long-term results.
The Fitzpatrick skin type scale is one of the most common methods of classifying skin types, and ranges from Type I to Type VI. The scale was created by Dr. Thomas B. Fitzpatrick in 1975, and has been widely used as a standard for dermatologists and skin care experts ever since. Based on this classification model, the chart provided below is a basic guideline to help you determine if IPL is right for you.
Unfortunately, IPL is not suitable for all skin tones. Naturally dark pigmented skin (or tanned skin) contains more melanin in comparison to lighter skin tones, which allows for more energy to be absorbed. As such, individuals with darker skin tones are more susceptible to burns and hyper/hypo pigmentation following an IPL treatment.
IPL is considered a safe and effective hair removal option for individuals with skin tones that are classified as Ivory, Beige, and Light Brown.
Take a look at the chart below to identify your individual skin tone and discover if your complexion is more similar to that of …
Michelle Dockery, Katie Holmes, Jessica Alba, Eva Longoria, Zoe Saldana, or Gabrielle Union.
Robert Pattinson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Barnes, John Stamos, Will Smith, or Don Cheadle.
References and Research Material
These magical oils can double up as makeup removers that leave your skin, and your pocket, happy! They’re perfect for sensitive skin too.
• Cucumber slices: Not only are they great at getting rid of puffy eyes, they are also great at removing your makeup. Plus you get to feel pretty indulgent lying around with cucumber slices on your eyes, and can pretend you’re in your own private spa.
• Grape Seed Oil: Use a cotton pad to absorb the wonders that are grape seed oil and you’ll be as fresh as a daisy in next to no time. This little wonder can also prevent acne, banish wrinkles and clear up sun spots. Amazing!
• Jojoba Oil: Pronounced ho-ho-bah, not only can this be used as a makeup remover, it also makes a great moisturizer, hair mask and cuticle cream. To use as a makeup remover, mix two parts of water to one part Jojoba oil and there you have it! Goodbye makeup!
• Avocado: Not only does avocado taste great, it is also a pretty awesome makeup remover. All you need is a Q-tip and a fresh avocado. To make your makeup do a vanishing act, gently swab the avocado over you face. You’ll pick up the nourishing oils, along with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, D and E found in the oil, which also make a great eye cream.
• And lastly, but by no means, Coconut Oil: Is there anything coconut oil can’t do? We think not.
Everyone has those photos that make you reach for the “untag” button as soon as they hit social media. But help is at hand! With our helpful tutorial you can learn to work the camera and make sure you stay amazing, in any photo.
- Make sure your makeup is flawless. If your foundation is the wrong shade, it will show up as soon as the flash goes off, and you can end up with a different colored face and neck. Not a good look.
- Once you’ve sorted out your foundation, next step is your eyes. Curling your lashes and adding mascara opens your eyes. The more they are open, the more they will sparkle.
- A couple of drops of eye drops will stop your eyes from drying out and make them sparkle even more.
- Next, the eyebrows. They frame your face and can make a huge difference to how you look on camera. So try filling them out with a slightly darker shade to make sure they don’t fade away.
- Bright lipstick can help make you look younger, as darker lipsticks can look aging and unflattering. They also emphasize that lovely smile of yours.
- If you don’t have any color on your cheeks your face can look a bit flat. So use a medium pink shade on your cheeks to give some shape to your face.
- But don’t go sparkly! If your face shimmers it can look like too much. If you are a sparkle addict, just go for a little highlighter with a soft sheen on the bridge of your nose and your cheekbones.
- Having said that, dusting your collarbones with a shimmer powder can give your skin a light sheen. Just stick to shimmer below the neck.
- No time to prep your face before your close up? Blot your face with a tissue and pinch your cheeks to give the impression of blush. The old tricks are the best
- 10. If you are prone to flyaways, a dry oil can help keep them in place. Use sparingly and if unsure, spray into your hands first to fight the frizz.
- For last minute hair shine, use a spray to get a high gloss look. Hold your head high and shine on.
- No one likes a double chin, so stretch out your neck, tip your chin down slightly and stick your forehead out, and goodbye double chin.
- Photos shot from slightly above also can help eliminate double chins. If you’re taller than the person taking the photo, try sitting down.
- To get a perfect smile, copy the stars: put your tongue behind your teeth when you smile to get a perfect smile every time.
- Follow further in the stars footsteps and put your hand on your hip, turn your body to the side and turn your head up to get that “red carpet” pose.
- Facing the camera face on is not the most flattering pose. Turn your head three-quarters to get a better angle.
- If you find yourself with your eyes closed in a lot of photos, close them and open them slowly before picture takes. Et voilà, no more half-closed eyes.
- To avoid that dreaded red-eye, look towards a light just before someone takes your photo.
- Looking at a light just before can also make your eyes sparkle and pop.
- But don’t stand directly under it! This will cast weird shadows on your face. Face a natural light source if possible, like a window, and this have a softer effect on your face.
- Using a prop such as a flower or another decoration can make you relax your posture and look more natural
- Standing in front of a white wall will help the camera find the right color balance, making your skin tone look great and brighten your face.
- Look at your favorite picture of yourself. What do you like about it? Try and copy that angle, that smile, that pose, if possible, in your next photo.
- Forget the “cheese”. It very rarely looks natural. Try and joke with the photographer and relax. Your natural smiles beats a fake one hands down.
- And lastly, be in more pictures! Even the top models don’t get it right on the first take. The more pictures you take, the more likely you are to be happy with one or two. And if you follow these tips, you won’t have any excuse not to like them!
Stay away from overly short or bizarre hairstyles that make you look olderhttp://www.dailymakeover.com/trends/slideshow/hair-mistakes-that-make-you-look-older/